(RD:July 9th)Case transferred to Newark/Teterboro office for Interview

fib

Registered Users (C)
I checked my AVM today - May 1st 2002 and the message had changed (from FP received, processing resumed) to "the case was transfered on May 1st, to the local INS Office in Newark/Teterboro for an Interview".

My case details:
----------------
PD - Sept. 22 1999
RD - July 09 2001
ND - August 23 2001
EAD/AP - August 27 2001
FP - January 26 2002

My case has been straight-forward except for the fact that I changed my employer 186 days after my ND (approx. 235 days after RD) as I was laid-off. I had no pay for 3 weeks between jobs.

I would really appreciate it if any of you could answer some of the questions below:
1. Are cases randomly chosen for interviews or is it because of certain complications in the case
2. As per the AVM, scheduling an interview could take several months. Do you happen to know how long it usually takes for the interview to get scheduled (once the case is transfered) at the Newark/Teterboro INS office.
3. Is it recommended that I take my attorney with me for the interview.
4. What is the outcome of most interviews ? (are these interview sessions grilling / intense? Is it cause for concern?)
5. Are the interview notices very specific as to why the interview has been scheduled, and what documents they would like me to get along.

Answers to any of these questions would be of great help.
Waiting anxiously.
Thanks.

Same situation!

Even my case got transfered to Newark/Teterboro office on 04/24.
I too don\'t have any idea why it happened so, because I did not change jobs. My lawyer says it is just random pick most of the times.

How did they know that you changed your job?? Did the company informed them,

or your lawyer ??? How could they find it out ???

My first employer cancelled my H1 on termination

That might be how the INS knows that I changed jobs.

The point is that whether the INS wants to interview me because of job change or not, I will have to prepare paperwork as though I got an employment RFE because, from other posts, I have gathered that when called for interview, they usually request:
1. Passport (obvious, it is necessary for stamping, if approved)
2. Employment letter
3. Tax Papers for the last 3 years.

Same Situation here

My case transfered to local INS on May 1st. I did not change jobs.

Could somebody answer the questions asked by the initiator of this thread. Will appreciate.

Thanks

No Title

Sometime back, someone posted about the same. I questioned them whether he changed his employer or his address(just in case to clarify my doubt). His reply to that is he did not change either his address or the employer. But still he was in same situation.

It looks like random picks only like the one they do in domestic airports.

About local transfers

Don\'t you think it is like IRS auditing process? Quite random?

My TD is 04/21 but I haven\'t received the notices. Again, can any of you kindly tell me what the waiting time is for the Newark appointment? I haven\'t heard others who received their notice in March either.

My FP is 15 months old as of early April. And my medical will be 12 months old this month. I wasn\'t surprised by the transfer. INS has sent me three RFEs since last Sept. and I am sure they feel the shame too. Just try to be opmistic.

EW

EAD Renew ???

Now as I know that my case has been transfered to local INS, Should I apply for EAD renewal as it is expiring in Aug \'02.

How long it takes to get new EAD?
Where do I have to apply ?

Apply at VSC

Please don\'t take chances. VSC will take a week to send you the new EAD. I did so last year four months before the expiration.

Do you have the TD, ID time frame? Thanks

No Title

I heard from one of the people on this site that at Newark, you might get the Interview call within 3-4 weeks (if we are lucky) from the date our case is transferred.
Let\'s keep our fingures crossed!

Hope it happens soon

Else, i\'ll have to renew our EADs (myself & my wife) - will cost me $540 - my lawyer charges $150 per head & INS Fees are $120 per head

Do it yourself

There is nothing easier than renewing your EAD. Why go thru the hassel to use a lawyer? If some info. is missing, VSC will always send you RFE.

I didn\'t know the application fee went up to $120 from $100...

Do it ASAP... EW

Interview at Newark

Folks who have been thru this please respond with your experiences. If possible, answer these:
1) How soon was the notice received after AVM was updated, who received it and what were the contents
2) How soon was the interview scheduled after the case was transferred
3) The possible reason for transfer
4) Any do\'s and dont\'s for Newark office

Thanks a bunch for your help.

Thanks EW.

Where do you get the EAD renewal application form. Do you have any experience/info as to how long it takes.

A couple of questions regarding EAD Renewal

1. The instructions on form I-765 state that a "Signature Card" is required, which can be obtained at an INS office. I would like to know if I can get this care elsewhere.
2. I was laid-off 7 months after my RD. So, I took up a new job on my EAD. On the I-765 form, there is an entry for "Current Immigration Status" - am I supposed to fill in "EAD" out there ?. Similarly, my wife is working on her EAD. So, would our immigration status be "EAD".

Thanks,
fib

Per your request

1. I got some blue signature cards from INS NYC office
2. I think the status is your last statue (H1 or F1). EAD is not considered as a status.

It is very easy and fast.

EW

Where do you apply for EAD Renewal ?

Where do you apply for EAD renewal, at VSC or local INS? Though EAD renewal application says to apply at VSC but as case is (being)transferred to local INS, your file is going to be at local INS and EAD renewal should be applied at local INS.

Can somebody throw light on it? Where you guys are applying ?

Thanks

No Title

Even my wife\'s case is transfered to local INS but our lawyer filed the AP and EAD renewal at VSC