RD Jan04-2002 Transferred, NJ

baobao

Registered Users (C)
Hi, folks:

Just check the online case status and got the following msg:

On July 21, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in NEWARK AND TETERBORO, NJ for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in NEWARK AND TETERBORO, NJ will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case.

our info:
I-140 AP--Oct. 2001
I-485 RD--Jan04, 2002
I-485 ND--Jan22, 2002
FP: May10, 2002
EAC-02-091-xxxxx
NO RFE

My questions to the folks here are:

1. How long normally it takes for such case to be resolved in NJ?

2. Why two locations are mentioned here: Newark and Teterboro??

Thanks to all and best of luck,

Will provide further update.

bb

baobao
Depending upon your home address your case will get transferred to either Newark or cherry Hill. If it is Newark you will
get interview letter in a month. If it is cherry hill you are looking for 5 to 6 months.

questions about Newark transferred case

Fromhyd:

Thanks for the reply.

The other questions I have are:

1. my current FP will expire on Aug. 10, if the interview is scheduled after this date, will we need to do the second FP? Or since our cases are "half-processed" before the currrent FP expires, we will no longer need the second FP?

2. We live in mid-NJ and always go to the Newark office, is the chance of getting the interview before Sept.1 very good?

3. Has any similar transfer case beening denied after the interview in the past?

thanks to any comments,

bb

Is it better to wait and see if the case gets transferred

I am from NY , moving to another state which has less wait time

Is it better to wait and see if the case gets transferred to my local office in NY if it does I am in big trouble (NY takes ~ 8-10 months to proces)

One the case is transferred can I do an AR 11 and try to get that case transeferred to another state ..or

should I just file Ar -11 now , so if there is a transfer it goes to my new state with less wait time ..since the chances of getting transferred is high any way now -a- days...

I am afraid that if I do an AR11..my casse will definately get transferred to local office...and my RD is feb ..so I do not know

Thanks

baobao
I donot think your interview will get done before
Aug. 10. My attorney told sometimes INS doesn't care about finger prints. My FP are expiring tomorrow. My interview is on
Aug 12th in Newark office. My case was transferred on June13th.
I can post more details after my interview.

good_wait
If I am in your position I will file AR-11. IT's purely personal.

Fromhyd, best luck to your interview!

Hi, fromhyd:

Thanks again for your reply. My best wish to you for your upcoming interview at Newark, I hope you will complete the journal at the end of Aug. 12!!! Please kindly share your interview experiences after it is over.

The other question I have for you is about medical examination--were you asked for it? and if you were, did you redo it or just going to bring a copy of the original one?

Best,

bb

Thank you. INS asked me to bring I-693 form. Attorney advised not to redo medical as I already submitted. If they insist I will do them later.