RD Aug 14 01, Just talk to IIO

njdevil

Registered Users (C)
I just talked to an IIO on the phone. She told me my case is still pending. They are processing Aut 01 case now, but they are moving very very slow at this moment becuase of the "new security device" thing. I am a little disappointed by the news. She said she have no idea how long would I get updated, but she recommanded me to call back after 45 days to check if any update on my case.....

You betcha

We\'re very close. Once the trickle of August cases starts getting over the dam (as it is now), you\'re going to see things pick up more and more over the next two weeks. The new security checks will slow things down somewhat, but we\'re now getting a smattering of August approvals so it doesn\'t appear too bad.

Don\'t get discouraged by the IIOs\' responses. They will invariably say 30-90 days if you haven\'t been approved. What you should be looking out for is what dates they are processing. If the IIO says August 2001, that means you can be approved on Monday, or in 3 weeks. Who knows? Eventually, it will be your day.

I (along with many of us) went through the same thing with our I-140. VSC did NOTHING on I-140s between November 2000 and May 2001; then all of a sudden the approvals started coming in. I was a December RD, and I got approved two weeks after the start of the December I-140 cases. If you are an August RD, I think the odds are likely that you can celebrate the 4th of July with a Green Card in hand.

Good luck!

I-140 RD 12/15/2000 ND 12/22/2000 AD 7/19/2001
I-485 RD 8/28/2001 ND 10/26/2001 AD ??
EB-3 Canada

There are two more August approvals in immitracker on May 9th.

They directly posted there but not here.

Good luck for everyone. These cases are getting approved, one from each RD date.Don\'t know what is the pattern? Till today the approvals are from RD dates: 1(2),3,8,10,13,14,15,16,17(2),20,28,29. The bracket number indicates no. of approvals on that day till now from March 2002 to today. Hence number of Aug RD approvals posted are 14.