RD 9/15 approved (on the day I mailed EAD renewal)!!!

ramukv

Registered Users (C)
By God's grace, my wife's and my case was approved today 9/19. What a relief!!! :) :)

Here are the details:

PD: 5/5/2000
RD: 9/15/2001
ND: 11/13/2001
FP: 1/25/2002
AD: 9/19/2002

It was a pretty straightforward EB2-RIR, NJ case. I had moved once before my FP, and had called IIO to update the address long time ago. I was expecting an RFE since my wife did not have the complete medical done.

I had spoken to an IIO yesterday (9/18) and asked about the status and my EAD renewal (was about to expire 11/27). He said he could not give out that info, and also advised me to renew my EAD to be on the safe side. Wondering if he knew about my approval...

On the advice of some friends on this board, I mailed my wife's and my EAD renewal today.
Q: What will happen to the renewal application, since our cases have been approved? Is there a way I can stop it?

Thanks to RSK for maintaining this site. Thanks to everyone on this forum for those wonderful discussions. I got to learn a lot about the whole process through this forum. When my lawyer did my labor cert, I had no clue about even the different stages of GC!!!

Good luck to all those who are still waiting. I will pray for your approval.

ramukv.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a shame if the service center actually deposits your check.

Cos their database would obviously show that your case is approved.

I hope you dont lose your $120.00 but anyways, dont let this come in your way of celebration. Congrats :)

Q: What will happen to the renewal application, since our cases have been approved? Is there a way I can stop it

Ans: INS will encash the check. They won't refund. Nothing will happen to your renewal application. They won't issue EAD since 485 has been approved and it has no effect on your GC except you loose your money.

Any way congratulations on your approval.

Thanks, guys!

Mallu123,

Do you know this as a fact? If they can be that cheap, I can be cheap enough and put a stop-payment on the checks! ;)

yeah do that! stop payment is the way

put a stop payment on the check and your green card too, while you are at it.

ramukv,

Mallu123 is probably right. My lawyer informed me, being in similar situation, that most likely INS will deny approval of your EAD renewal or if approved u can dispose it off.

Congrats ramukv

Sorry buddy you had to waste $240.00, But think of it (In Hind sight) as a Under the table Bakshish to INS, to expediate your case, maybe that will make you feel better.

Wish you all the best

Mine was similar to you. I have applied for EAD renewal(send the application on 10th aug) and Aug 12th my 485 got approved. Then I checked with attorney what to do with my EAD renewal since it has been already approved- He said INS will take care of it. Nothing to be worried. I insisted is there anyway that I can get back my check. He said you can do stop payment but he wouldn't advise me to do that. So I didn't try for that and I loose $240.00.
Further I checked with INS officer(when i went for stamping) and I was told you won't get back the check whatever you send to INS(wether your case approved or not)

I think you are case is pretty much same as mine. Just forget about the $240.00.

Good luck to you and family.

congrats ranukv

Congratulations to u and ur family.

And I feel what july16 says is correct. I think the time spent and patience that you had to get ur GC is worth much more than the $240

Enjoy ur freedom !

thanks for your views

i guess i have to 'hush' it and start celebrating instead. the money's like the saying in tamil that roughly translates to 'the sugarcane that went in to the elephant's mouth!'

Last edited by a moderator: