RD 8/8/01, RFE issued on 8/9.

fizk

Registered Users (C)
RD 8/8/01
ND 9/27/01

AVM says RFE issued on 8/9/02, but my lawyer did not receive anything as of today (8/19/02). Does it usually take 2 weeks to receive RFE notice? How long should I wait before I call VSC and ask for second copy of RFE?

Thanks
fizk

Last edited by a moderator:
I never changed employer or address, however I don't have a birth certificate. As per my lawyer I submitted 2 affidavits (both notarized), one from my mother and other from my uncle. May be RFE is for non-availability certificate (which I'm trying to get from municipality).

I hope RFE is for usual pay stub, employment letter etc which I've no problem submitting it.

And yes, I'm a Muslim, may be VSC is sending RFE for all Muslim candidates.

Back to my question, how long does it take for RFE to arrive?

Hi fizk,

I would bve interested jn knowing your RFE details as I am in similar boat. Could you please post the details as and when you receive them.

Thanks

Affidavits of birth certificates are sufficient (as told to me by my lawyer) - that shouldn't trigger an RFE. I also submitted affidavits of birth. RD 8/15 ND 10/12

Hi Anita,

Did you submit Non-Availability? Thanks in advance. I submitted affidavits and school certificate which has my father's name and DOB.

Later after filing 485 my father tried to get Non-Availability. But the municipality guys said that they will issue non-availability only for those with DOB before 1970. Instead they gave me my birth Certificate. I am wondering if BC is OK in case of RFE for non-availability. BC has registration date in 2001.

Anita

I hope you are right. My lawyer did not ask for non-availability certificate or school certificate. He says RFE is probably for employment letter, paystub etc. If I dont get the notice by end of this week I will call VSC and ask them to send it again.

fizk

Hi,

We did submit a Non-Availability cert for my husband since the lawyer asked for it. His YOB is 1972 (His parents managed to get the Non_availability. It just says that the records for the year so & so were searched for so & so person in so & so municipality & was not available)

relieved!!!

My lawyer received RFE today, it's just for employment letter. VSC dont even want to see my pay stubs. Thank God, its not for non-availability certificate.

As I mentioned earlier, I never changed employer or address. This RFE could be random or for quality purpose or may be because I'm muslim.

Wait continues......

fizk

question

How do they know you are a muslim, does your passport say that.

B'cos as far as I remeber, it is not asked anywhere in the paperwork right from labour till 485 application.

Anyways all the best