RD 8/25/01- Case Transferred to Newark for interview. Feedback requested.

esbee

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everybody:

Checked the VSC system to find my case has been transferred from VSC to Newark Local Office for an interview.

Feedback from you gurus would be much appreciated. I\'m unclear about this - is the interview a formality? Is it like an approval? Is it the same as an RFE? Will they stamp passport the same day if everything\'s OK. When can I expect the interview to be scheduled? Should I be concerned about this? Will I be given the reason for being interviewed in my inteview letter?

Here are my case details

PD: 9/21/00; 485 RD: 8/25/01; EAC-02-041-5****; FP:2/9/02-NJ; Case transferred to Newark for interview: 7/02/02

Many thanks in advance.

As long as there is no bug in your case, you should not worry about it.

They do stamp PP at the same day if interview is okay. However, i am not sure how soon LOCAL INS will schedule an interview.

YES! they DO, ask me about it!!!

I was just approved on the 12th of June after a local transfer to Newark and interview.My case was transferred on the 16th of May and our interview was scheduled for the 12th of June, so it takes about a month or so. My case was pretty straightforward, and according to the immigration officer there, the person at Vermont was careless not to look at all the detailed information provided by myself and my lawyer regarding the company name changes, hence he transferred us for local interview. Just in case of getting a bad officer, it is better to take EVERYTHING, and keep all papers in order, so that there is no question of any further delays. Hope this helps! All the best!

Esbee - Don\'t worry

Please check the postings under "Newark Local Transfers". You will find all the answers to your doubts.
Coming to the interview, if you are sure there is nothing wrong with your case, then you need not worry. Because even my case got transfered (which is a straight forward case) and after the interview (which was real short) we (me and my wife) were approved and stamped on the same day and we got our Cards within 3 weeks :).
The interview time frame in Newark local INS office is between 4 to 6 weeks. So, you don\'t worry because as of my lawyer\'s analysis, Newark is the fastest center for scheduling interviews.
Wish you all the best and feel free to ask if you have any more doubts. Also, don\'t forget to check the postings under "Newark Local transfers". You will find plenty of postings in that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Receipt Date and EAC NO

Hi,

It looks like receipt date of yours and EAC is not matching. Please check. my receipt date is Oct 1st, 2001 and EAC no is 02 042..***** ok.

And one mroe question to the forum members: There is not much correlation with Receipt date and EAC.

Because: both my and my spouse's receipt dates are same but notice dates are different (6-8 days). Hence my EAC is 02-042 and my spouse's EAC is 02-048-***** Can you please throw some information on this?

esbee

Read this approval. Any issue with any change of address for you

http://www.immigrationportal.com/WebX?128@@.eff55dc

Also :

Has anyone after these kind of situations, like layoff or termination or change of company but no intimation to INS and found a new job etc..recieved RFEs? In these cases how one can recieve RFEs, if RFe is sent to old company attorney?

If attorney is hired by the AOS filer, then in these situations, I think they are safe to recieve RFEs. But in other cases how? Any clues? (That\'s why INS need to be informed...?)

Thank you, greeneyes, MSGC, GCFunwaiting...

Its a relief to know it can be straightforward and that the interview date may be close. My attorney says we will be able to know from the documentation if they have any specific issues or whether it is a routine check.

At least we know INS is moving well on August cases.