RD 6/02 APPROVED, first I-140 for CP and second for AOS

dabbarao

Registered Users (C)
Hi
PD 08/1998
RD 6/02/2001
FP 11/21/2001
EB3 INDIA

We are very happy to share with you that our Green Card has been approved on 3/23 (SATURDAY).

I checked AVM today and got the message. Thank you all for sharing your information. For those JUNE guys who are still waiting, Please call IIO and check your case.

My case was approved for CP and then we applied for I-485. In the mean time my company applied for new I-140 with AOS. I sent a letter to Vermont asking to replace my case with the new I-140 (AOS). As I started seeing some July cases, I called IIO and reminded about my case. I checked with Madras consulate and found that my case is still there. After a week, I called Vermont again to check the status. Finally I got my approval.

Thanks to Rajiv Khanna for this site and so many wonderful people for sharing their valuable information. God bless.

Congratulations!!! Question on 140 CP

When you called Consulate about the i140 what was the answer?
did you write an email or letter to consulate to send your case back to INS. I am in the same sittuation, please enlighten me about this process.
Thanks

Hey dabbarao, what did you inform madras consulate?

Hey Buddy,

I am in the same boat. What did you inform madras consulate? Did you inform them, that you had applied for AOS. Please transfer my I-140 back to INS. Kind of. Can you please provide information. Does e-mail work for Madras consulate.

Popat Green

No Title

Hi popat green,

Madras consulate e-mail address workd fine, but they take couple days to get back to you. They always answer with one liners.

I kept checking with them if they still have my case just to know if a transfer has happened. We cant tell them to transfer the case to US.

I told the same to IIO that my case is still waiting in Madras and told about the e-mail.

Goodluck.

They always got back to me saying the file is still in Madras

Hi CT_070101

I wrote few e-mails about my case to Madras consulate just to see if the file is moving. They always got back to me saying that nothing has happened.

When I called IIO for the first time, I asked the status. She said that the officer is waiting for my file to come back from India. I told her about my e-mail to consulate etc.

I called IIO again and did the same, I guess it helped.

why second 140?

congrats dabbarao!!.
Can you please tell me why u had to file another I-140 for aos, after getting initial I-140 approved for CP?

Thanks
Virginia Boy