RD 12/23/98 ND 1/4/99 485 approved; Anyone <2/99ND Please Read

mikep

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone,

I am really really glad to be posting this message. It has been a very testing experience
RD 12/23/98
ND 1/4/99
FP 5/99
485 Approved 8/11/2000 NO RFE

After seeing April-June 99 approvals, I contacted the local congressman\'s office and I spoke to a representative there. She called INS and after giving all of my details to the INS person, apparently the INS person realized that my case has taken too long and sent an immediate directive to the adjudicator for immediate action. This was on Monday August 7 and the case was approved on August 11.

So If your case is taking too long, take action right away. Contact the Senator\'s or the Congressman\'s office.

Best of luck to everyone. This board has been very very helpful in giving a realistic snapshot of INS activities instead of the obfuscated information the IIO\'s give out.

No Title

Hi Mikep,
Thanks for your valuble info..
My case details are..
Pd Mar97/EB2/RD 02/99 FP 02/00
Do you feel It is better to contact Senator/congressman..
If so, who is the better person(ie., Sen/Cong Man).. In my area from the above site , I am looking at 2 senators and congressman.What criteria should be given while choosing the right person and is there any Standard Format to request them..If so can you pl brief me about the format..

No Title

The criteria I used is the number of constituents served by a Senator/Congressman. In a state like Massachusetts there are 10 congressmen and 2 senators. So Senators offices will be lot more occupied. In this case cotacting the congressmen\'s office will be better. On the other hand in stated like Montana Senator\'s office might be more responsive.

Also visit each of the Senator\'s/Congressmen\'s web sites at www.senate.gov and www.congress.gov and check their constituent services section. If immigration is one of the topics listed there it means they have someone in their office who deals with immigration issues. This will help a lot as they will be familiar with procedures to contact INS, what is a I-485 etc and might help quicker and better.

Contacting them one can do through USMail, Phone, FAX in the order of their effectiveness in my opinion. If you contact by phone they will most probably ask you to send a letter authorizing them to access your case details anyway. Best way is to write a letter and then contact them by phone.
Hope thats helps.

No Title

Hi mikep,

Can you please tell me who did you contact in MA state? It would help lot of other boston area waiters.

I appreciate your help.

CrazyBoy