RD 12/13/00, ND 12/19/00, Company folding up and will loose job now. Any idea where INS is at, on 48

advk

Registered Users (C)
RD 12/13/00, ND 12/19/00,
AD& EAD 02/2001
FL 04/04/01
LIN 01-060-***
No refs yet
---
Company folding up and will loose job now. Any idea where INS is at, on 485 processing?
Has anybody received 485 approval for similar dates as above? Any idea how long more would it be before INS gets to these dates and decide?

No Title

I am also in the same boat.
lost job. 480 passes 180 days and EAD will expire in Feb. Am I in status?
How can I get EAD renewal?
Do I need any letters from Employer?

No Title

Sorry to hear about it.

NSC is currently processing up to June 2000 cases. Seeing the erratic nature of INS processing, it will take some time to reach Dec 2000.

Lately, they are taking a lot of time to renew EAD cards. I suggestion will be to apply early, at least 5 to 6 months before your current EAD expires.

For EAD renewal, you don\'t need to give any information about your employment and you can do it on your own.

Best of luck to you guys.

No Title

Thanks my quest. You do add a lot of value to these discussions. Your willingness to share your experience and knowledge help many a people like me. Keep up the good work.

Coming back to issue again, What the options of renwing the EAD? Do I need a letter from the employer to renew EAD? Mine (prevouwly on H1) left job to work on EAD.

Meaning that mine is the only EAD in the family. If the employer report my termination to INS what are my options?

Do I have to leave this country immedeately?

How soon do I have to find a job with "similar job descriptions" ?
What If I can not find a such a job before the EAD expires?

If I can get unpaind leave from my employer for a few months, how will it help me ?

Mine case is in a critical path. So, Any effort to help throw sime light on these issues will help a lot

No Title

So, to renew EAD card, what all do I need ? Dont I need a letter or employment varification for EAD renewal ?

No Title

Hi Diva

I wish I could answer you questions more confidently. I will try my best, and probably others can correct me if I am wrong or throw some more light on this subject.

Losing job or EAD expiration doesn\'t make you out of status. You will be in status till your case is pending and INS has not officially denied your case. GC is for future employment, so even if your employer (if still alive) provides a letter saying they will hire you after you get your approval, then it will be fine.

Generally employers don\'t inform INS about terminations. If they did in your case, then with this new 180 days rule, I don\'t know how INS will react to it. I am not sure, but if your case is denied, then INS will provide you a written notice and ask you to leave the country (don\'t know in how many days). At that time, if you are employed with similar job responsibilities, then you can appeal and still work around it.

Getting unpaid leave is similar to employer promising that the job is available after 485 is approval. NSC doesn\'t generally ask for pay stubs (unless you are called for interview) or W2. In my company, some of them have taken unpaid leave (sabatical) and hoping that their case will get approved soon.

If you are on a edge, then start searching for a good lawyer and be ready to act if something goes wrong. Also remember, don\'t trust lawyers (in fact, anyone) completely. Verify with others.

For EAD renewal, you don\'t have show any proof of employment. Just photo copies of 485 receipt, current EAD, GC photos, check for $100 and I-765 application form. You can fill the form on your own. You can get the form from the below url. I guess, immitracker.com has the editable pdf format (thanks to myladoor).

http://www.ins.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-765.htm

Hope this answered some of your questions.