RD - 11/9/05, no ND yet... please help

jimmyc

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
Thank you for taking your time answering my question. I apologize if my questions sound prude, but I'm trying to learn as much as I can from the Forum.

I am on F-1 EAD after I graduated from college. My wife and I got married in September, and we mailed on 10/25/05. So far we only have the receipt, and my OPT is running out in 3 weeks.

I'm wondering what I should do. I have a lawyer, but he is of little help. I am working at a job I absolutely love and hate to lose, I don't want to cause any problem for my company or anybody.

Questions:
1. What should I do to expedite my process?
2. I have an InfoPass appointment on 1/20/06, should I get an iEAD? If so, what documents do I need? What do I have to bring?
3. What happens if my F-1 EAD runs out on 1/31/06 while my iEAD is pending (assuming I file for iEAD on 1/20/06 during the infoPass appointment and my EAD is also pending? Can I still work? If I can't work, can I take a leave of absense? Would leave of absense void any legal problems for my company?

Here are my basic info so far:
F-1 since 1996
Graduated from college on 1/27/05
F-1 OPT begins on 2/1/05, ends on 1/31/06
Married to USC on 9/2/05
Mailed I-485, I-765, I-130 on 10/25/05
RD - 11/7/05
ND - ???
FP - ???
EAD - ???

Thank you in advance for all the suggestions and comments.

Best regards,
Jimmy

RD - 11/7/05
ND - ???

According to the NBC Processing dates from 01/06/06 they are processing cases with ND of 11/18/05 so your application is very close to being processed. In the meantime you have to wait either 90 days since your RD which will be: 02/06/06 in order to get a temporary EAD in a District Office. They might give to you when you go on the day of your appointment. Try to explain to the officer that you do not want to lose your job and they mightmake an exemption in your case.

Thanks a lot, Andy. I'm just anxious since most people have a fairly quick turnaround ND, and I'm stuck with 60+ days. I will ask the officer when I visit my DO next Friday.

jimmyc said:
Hi guys,
Thank you for taking your time answering my question. I apologize if my questions sound prude, but I'm trying to learn as much as I can from the Forum.

I am on F-1 EAD after I graduated from college. My wife and I got married in September, and we mailed on 10/25/05. So far we only have the receipt, and my OPT is running out in 3 weeks.

I'm wondering what I should do. I have a lawyer, but he is of little help. I am working at a job I absolutely love and hate to lose, I don't want to cause any problem for my company or anybody.

Questions:
1. What should I do to expedite my process?
2. I have an InfoPass appointment on 1/20/06, should I get an iEAD? If so, what documents do I need? What do I have to bring?
3. What happens if my F-1 EAD runs out on 1/31/06 while my iEAD is pending (assuming I file for iEAD on 1/20/06 during the infoPass appointment and my EAD is also pending? Can I still work? If I can't work, can I take a leave of absense? Would leave of absense void any legal problems for my company?

Here are my basic info so far:
F-1 since 1996
Graduated from college on 1/27/05
F-1 OPT begins on 2/1/05, ends on 1/31/06
Married to USC on 9/2/05
Mailed I-485, I-765, I-130 on 10/25/05
RD - 11/7/05
ND - ???
FP - ???
EAD - ???

Thank you in advance for all the suggestions and comments.

Best regards,
Jimmy

you need to wait till 90 days after RD to get your iEAD in an InfoPass