RD 11/05 Case Stamped today

farhan1966

Registered Users (C)
I went to the San Antonio service center and had my passport stamped. The IIO requested return of the EAD card, the payroll authorizations, the I-94s.

I was fingerprinted, and made to sign a card twice. The entire stamping process took 30 minutes. I went in at 8 AM, and was out by 8:35 AM.

Thanks to EVERYONE, and especially moderators of this web site. This is an invaluable resource!

See you all again in 5 years, when we all do our citizenship filing.

Take care, and goodluck everyone!

farhan, have you ever called VSC and knowing your case
assigned to an officer before the second FP?

VSC

Yes, I called VSC in June to enquire about my case. But I called ten days after my second FP. I wanted to see why my online status had not been updated.

When the IIO learned that my case was pending since 11/05/01, she basically said that she was surprised this case was still unresolved, and that it should've been adjudicated and aleady closed by May 2003. That's when I took the lead and began insisting that my case had taken too long, and that I would appreciate if she could look into the status since it had been 2 months over the 540 day limit.

I called on a Monday, and my online status was updated with an RFE that Friday. I don't know if that was the reason for the RFE, but considering how long it was taking, I think I would call again even if it meant ticking off the IIO -- at least someone will try to look for my file.

I hope this helps!

Did you call the 1800 number? How come they tell you so much, usually they just repeat whatever online

Yes, I called the 800 number. When the coversation began, she was very cold and very rude if you asked me. But then I was extra super nice to her, and I basically chatted her up a bit and then she softened when she heard that I was worried that my case may have gotten lost. So she said would look into it and an official status notification will sent once it was established where my case was, as in, whether it had been adjudicated or not.

I really believe one can get humans to do a lot if one can establish a friendly bond. It usually takes a little persistence, or willingness to humiliate oneself. IIOs have to deal with ALL kinds people who don't always speak English, and that's why they're usually irritated when they answer the phone. So be charming :cool:

Goodluck!!

Originally posted by farhan1966

I really believe one can get humans to do a lot if one can establish a friendly bond. It usually takes a little persistence, or willingness to humiliate oneself. IIOs have to deal with ALL kinds people who don't always speak English, and that's why they're usually irritated when they answer the phone. So be charming :cool:

Very very very good points!

Don't know what she did to expedite your case....Otherwise after second FP you need wait another month for them to touch your case again. But you never called VSC before 800 number established, so we don't know if your case has ever been assigned to an officer. Anway, congrats, and you're free!