RD 06/20/01 - case approved

VaeVictis

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I know that stupid messages like this help keep the faith for so many: I just listened to the AVM message saying my case was approved.
It\'s sad this whole process has to take this long, it\'s sad that it puts so much stress on the individuals involved and it\'s even more sad that it creates this fertile ground for this "high-tech luxury slavery". While the recently passed laws (particularly AC21) have tremendously reduced the various immigrant/H1 sweatshops\' abilities to practice this legal slavery, it certainly has not gone far enough. Let\'s hope that the breaking up of the INS will be efficient enough in reducing the processing times so that all of us and the ones to come no longer need to wait for years before America becomes the land of the free for them as well.

v.v.

RD 06/20/01
ND 09/14/01
FP 01/29/01
RFE sent out 03/15/02, lost in the mail, resent after 2 weeks (just employment letter)
RFE response received 04/17/02
AD 05/01/02

Enjoy and few details

Hi Vae_victis

Enjoy your freedom and have fun.Do you mind to give, from which state
you applied 485 and Cato(...eb2/eb3).Curious as why ur case got approved in very less time(from FP).Details about ur RFE.

Thanks for ur time and info

Once again congrad... and have fun

your questions...

I\'m in CA but I filed at VSC since my employer was on the east coast. I don\'t recall what the category was (EB2 or EB3).
Actually both my 485 receipt notice and FP appointment came rather late, that should explain why the approval came so "soon" after FP.
Like I said, the RFE requested that the sponsor re-state the desire to offerme (continued) employment, and it also asked about my current salary, nothing else.

vv