RD=04/19/2002, ND=04/24/2002 Approved

ThakurSahab

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I'm happy to announce that my and my wifes green card application has been approved as of 07/20/2004. I got 4 emails this morning, I checked my status last night around 9:00 pm EST and the status was still the same. It looks like they run a batch process in the night that updates case status.

My LUD changed once on 06/21/2004 with no change in status message. And it changed again today with approval message.

Mine is RD=04/19/2002 and ND=04/24/2002 case. We also filed I-140 amendment last year because of company merger. The I-140 amendment application was approved on 06/24/2004.

And last but not the least , Many Many thanks to Rajeev Khanna for giving this wonderful platform to share our experiences. Also thanks to all the folks on this forum who helped me directly or indirectly on this roller coaster ride.

I'll now hunt for posts with Atlanta Local office stamping experince.

Take Care and Good Luck to all those waiting.

Congrats

Nice to see April'02 approvals.
I hope I am next but you never know with BCIS.
Good Luck Guys and have fun.

Can you please share your FPx, RFE dates? - Thank you.

Congratulations!!! :) :p :) :p :)

ThakurSahab said:
Mine is RD=04/19/2002 and ND=04/24/2002 case. We also filed I-140 amendment last year because of company merger. The I-140 amendment application was approved on 06/24/2004.

Did your company changed the name?

My old company is now kind of a subsidiary to the new one: I'm getting the pay stubs and W2 with the logo of my old one. So my lawyer has never advised me to file an amendment.
He's a professional, I have to trust him.

Vorov,

My company merged with its sister concern. I will try to explain this with an example.... Company A owns Company B and Company C, I worked for Company C and in 2002 , the parent company (A) merged C into B. So after the merger I was working for Company B. My paystubs bore Company B's name.

My attorney also did'nt think an amendment was required for about a year and last year when I was getting ready to go on vacation in December she changed her mind and said BCIS is getting more stringent and to be on the safe side lets file an amendment. And we did that in September of 2003.

Did that answer your question ?

140 Amendment: was it really necessary?

ThakurSahab said:
My attorney also did'nt think an amendment was required for about a year and last year when I was getting ready to go on vacation in December she changed her mind and said BCIS is getting more stringent and to be on the safe side lets file an amendment. And we did that in September of 2003.
Did that answer your question ?

Yes, thank you.

Still I have doubts about it (I'll ask my lawyer).
We I-485 filers are under AC21 so we have a right to switch an employer. Meger can also fit in this category, it's like changing an employer. I guess you didn't change the field, occupation etc. so why to amend the labor certification?