RD: 04/18. Talk to IIO Today

Well - Wisher

Registered Users (C)
RD: 04/18
ND: 06/29

Q. Asked About The Status.
IIO. Still Pending.

Q. Asked Whether My Case Has Been Assigned To IIO ?
IIO. No Decision Made.

What does the \'No Decision Made\' mean. Whether it has been assigned to IIO
or not ?

Any guess.

Thanks

I don\'t think the IIO gave any useful information.

You don\'t have to call IIO to know that your case is pending. Probably you want to call again sometime and maybe you will get a nicer IIO.

Me too spoke to IIO on this Monday ......

The lady was okay but very curt in response....said FP was recieved Jan end sometime eventhough the AVM says the FP was recieved on Dec28 and processing resume and told that its in the QUEUE somewhere.

Well, I think I am stuck in a bad rack somewhere there.

No light at the end of tunnel yet!

IIO FP Dates are different from actuals for December cases

I noticed a similar disconnect between the day the FPs were received as per the AVM message and the day as per the IIO. The AVM said Dec 31st and the IIO said Jan 23rd. I rechecked with the IIO and she told me thye difference is because the INS updated it\'s system only in end of Jan 2002 for all FPs received during December. That\'s the reason for the difference in dates.
I dont think you should worry about being stuck in a bad rack etc. I have checked (a few times now)with IIOs and they are processing April 2001 now. It looks like they are proceeding by the ND for all RDs in April 2001. This seems to make most sense given the recent approvals.
I guess they should complete all April RDs in one month or so-- if you\'ve waited so long, 1 month is no big deal.

All the best

To Desi2Pardesi

I had been trying to contact an IIO at VSC for several days and was unsuccessful all the time. I never got passed the busy tone even after trying several hours desperately. I would appreciate if you could share your tips like the best time to call or if there is any other phone number. Thx.

Best time to call

Hi Call 3:55 PM you will get connected and wait even it is past 4:00 somebody will answer. I got through two times like that.

I don\'t think keep calling an IIO will resolve anything

From the many postings on the board, it seems that in most of the cases calling an IIO does not help much. Most of the time one will get a standard answer such as "your case will be approved in 30 to 60 days." Unless there is a real need, such as "your address has changed, you filed your case 6 months ago but haven\'t got a receipt, or your case was filed in December 2000 and did not get an RFE nor has the application been approved." etc... If one just calls and checks status, it does not usually help her case. On the other hand, of course, by calling IIO we can at least get a sense of the progress at the service center.

As for the best time to get through the VSC hotline, my experience is that 3:00pm to 3:30pm is good.

No Title

Hi Guys,
Thanks, for your immediate response.
GC_Kool, I was planning to ask IIO about my I140 that was sent to Consulate by NVC has been requested back by the INS. Do you think they can answer this?

No Title

I doubt it. I have seen that a couple of people called IIO and most of the time they got a very vague answer. But it does not hurt to try. If you happen to talk to a nice IIO, you may get a satifictory answer.

DingDong2001. Sure I will inform you.

You also please inform me. Did you talk to IIO recently ? To me they didn\'t gave any informatative reply.

Thanks

talk to IIO today

RD: 4/19, ND: 7/11, FP 12/31.

My case has not be assigned to an officer yet, she said they go with ND, not RD. (and said this police only applys to 485 cases).

Also I submitted renewed passport and the medical examination (one test not be done when I filed 485) after I filed 485 in last April. the IIO
said she could not check if they already put these supplemental materials in my file.(I submitted them without REF require), Does
anyone has the same experience?