RD 03/02 approved while out of country

gz88

I got an automatic email alert from USCIS that my 485 has been approved. I'm out of the country right now and plan to enter US on my AP. Is there any issue with that? I'm a bit anxious about it.

Thanks to you all in this forum! Here is my info:

RD: 03/02
FP: 04/03
RD: 05/04

For those whose FP is expiring, it won't hurt to send TSC a letter or fax to remind them... I did as many others also did, and the approval came about 5 days after my second fax... Either way, it will bring their attention or good luck :).

Does anyone have experience like me who got approved while abroad? Please share what had happened. Thanks!

gz88;

Could you kindly share what fax number and mailing address you used before for sending inquiries?

Thanks in advance.

Huhu03
I-485 ND: 05/01/2002
FP: 04/16/2003

BaSh said:
Enjoy Man...No problem while entering, if INS officer say your case approved then just pretend you are not aware of your approval and say more more thanks for them and jump with a happy face. Ask what is the procedure after this,he will explain.

Come back and take your notice and go for stampping.

You even don't need to pretend. It's common-sense. If your I485 is pending for more than two years, USCIS cannot expect that you will not go out of country for this long period of time. Then why did they give AP for? Did USCIS tell you that you are going to be approved in this month? Therefore it's damn OK to go in and out of country as long as you have valid AP.

Congratulations.

Congratulations.

This is a letter bajis had posted long ago when his FP was about to expire.

HTH

LETTER TO SEND FOR APPROVAL BEFORE FP EXPIRATION.
================================================="
January 2, 2004

To
USCIS TSC,
P.O. Box 851488,
Mesquite, TX 75185-1488
Phone: 800-375-5283
Fax: 214-489-8021

Dear Sir or Madam:

Subject: Processing our I-485 before FP expiry - reg.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

I just wanted to bring it to your attention that our Finger Printing results in lieu of our I-485 petitions are about to expire on 04/
02/2004.

A speedy processing of our I-485 petitions before this date would be greatly appreciated.

1. <my name> SRC-02-039-5****
2. <my wife's name> SRC-02-039-5****

Please feel free to contact us if you need any further information.

Thanking you,
- <my wife and I signed>

I agree with pralay....it is common-sense.

pralay said:
You even don't need to pretend. It's common-sense. If your I485 is pending for more than two years, USCIS cannot expect that you will not go out of country for this long period of time. Then why did they give AP for? Did USCIS tell you that you are going to be approved in this month? Therefore it's damn OK to go in and out of country as long as you have valid AP.