Rare e-mail after approval almost 1 month ago.

mvusa

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
My case was approved almost 1 month ago. A week later of the approval e-mail and case status online, me and my husband received approval notices and actual green cards by mail. Today, we got several emails with this rare message. Can somebody give me an idea what this "other document" might be?

e-mail received today :

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Document OTHER THAN CARD manufactured and mailed.

On November 24, 2006, we mailed the document we manufactured based on our earlier approval of this case, and mailed it to the address on we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

Thank you for reading my posting. Any input most appreciated.

This is my opinion is the new equivalent of returned mail to USCIS (like Finger Print Notice got returned to USCIS)...

Welcome letter .. maybe ..

mvusa said:
Guys,
My case was approved almost 1 month ago. A week later of the approval e-mail and case status online, me and my husband received approval notices and actual green cards by mail. Today, we got several emails with this rare message. Can somebody give me an idea what this "other document" might be?

e-mail received today :

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Document OTHER THAN CARD manufactured and mailed.

On November 24, 2006, we mailed the document we manufactured based on our earlier approval of this case, and mailed it to the address on we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

Thank you for reading my posting. Any input most appreciated.

mvusa,

Maybe its some sort of welcome letter. Just wait and see. You already have the GC in hand so there is no need to panic about this one.

cheers,

saras

Hmmm... that's interesting. I haven't recieved this message. I wouldn't be worried about it though. USCIS will send you something in regular mail if there is anything they want to comminicate with you.

I'll let you know if I receive any such message in the future.
KJ

didoala

I don't have any idea what it could be. I did not receive any E-mail after the GC.
Before my 485 Approval I did receive few E-mails that some document was send to me and I never received it. Could be a mistake. Do not worry. Will be good.

Hi guys, thank you all for your response.
Until today I have not received "document other than card" mentioned on my earlier post. I really wonder what could it be.
I'll keep you posted.
Bless you all.