Rapidigm - Medical Insurance - COBRA

onemrgchaser

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

First of all please accept my apologies for asking this question here. Since I know a lot of Rapidigm employees actively participate on this webboard I thought I can get some replies.

Is there anybody reading this webboard (a Rapidigm employee) who is currently working on hourly wages? If yes, can you please let me know if you have any idea as to how much it would cost for COBRA (to continue with existing Medical Insurance). Appreciate your reply.

Again, I apologize for causing any inconvienience for posting this question on this webboard.

Thanks.

No Title

Andhra here are the answers to your questions
1) It is fine if she was in status when you filed AOS. She can take leave or change to EAD.

2)You need to carry original I 485 receipts when you travel, I think you will get them by the time you go to india.

3)there is no definite answer people say you should stay long which means you abonded I 485.

I think it is good idea to check with your attorney

No Title

onemrgchaser,
It doesn\'t matter if you are on hourly or full time pay, the only difference is now rapidigm will not pay your insurance you will have to pay it and as state law you can continue with cobra for 1 year with the same plan and you will have to pay approximately $500 per month, it depends if you have kids etc.

The letter you will get will tell more details.

$500 per month??

I dont think its that expensive. You can shop around outside with diff. insurance company for less (may be for $150 per month for Single).

Just curious. Is Rapidigm laying off now?

No Title

Going for a coverage outside COBRA will cost you less, but there are lot of overheads with it. If you are married and have kids it will cost you allmost the same as COBRA with less benefits. Yes I know one of my friend who resigned from RAPIDIGM got this letter about COBRA, it was around for $480.

Rapidigm is laying off left n right ... don\'t know what there current Strength is ... Those recruit

Rapidigm is laying off left n right ... don\'t know what there current Strength is ... Those recruiters made hell lot money and now r not giving any bench !!!

Even I heard abt Layoffs ... I wonder what there strength is now , it was 2600 once upon a time.

Even I heard abt Layoffs ... I wonder what there strength is now , it was 2600 once upon a time.

F&^k Rapidigm Recruiters and Marketing Managers! ( Don\'t Join Rapidigm)

Marketing managers and Recruiters are making advantage of this bad market conditions. I know people are not getting hikes for last two years even though client gave bill raise. According to them the raise got from client was not much. Real bastards!. They won\'t keep you on bench for more than 2 weeks.

Thank You for your reply.

I think I started a whole new sleuth of unnecessary responses just because I said "Rapidigm" :)
in my inquiry. I agree with all of you out there but I think each and every consulting company (with desi recruiter\'s)
you work for will do the same thing. Rapidigm is no better.

I wonder if these Recruiters are layed off any time, Anyways they don\'t do anything except suck our

I wonder if these Recruiters are layed off any time, Anyways they don\'t do anything except suck your blood and money.
Leech

True, Recruiters should also get the stick

True, Recruiters should also get the stick

And so ...

And so I quit Rapidigm this week and am taking a non-traveling job with my EAD. Recruiter is pissed off, but again, at one point I was too ...

Funtime036 ....Pls tell us if you have left Rapidigm after 6 months OR are you still on Payroll as

Funtime036 ....Pls tell us if you have left Rapidigm after 6 months or are you still on Payroll as Unpaid Leave and have taken another part time job