rally near USCIS

ursosweet

Registered Users (C)
hi
All people who live in around DC, who have been hit by this visa bulletin revision, i think we all should take out a silent protest near USCIS in DC. We can march to capitol hill and this way some media attention can come. Also, democrats need a reason to screw republicans- may be if we could draw some attention, people might start looking into this and may be start an investigation into the matter.
any suggestions? criticisms??
we need to take a stand and TOGETHER!!!

ps Rajiv, can you guide us please?

mail me

people who think they can make it for a rally ..please email me
itll b worthwhile if we have atleast 100 people or more.
any1 who l;ives in DC can please check with local police as to the regulations regarding rallies.
thanks
email : callmeat_2000@yahoo.com

thanks

hi
All people who live in around DC, who have been hit by this visa bulletin revision, i think we all should take out a silent protest near USCIS in DC. We can march to capitol hill and this way some media attention can come. Also, democrats need a reason to screw republicans- may be if we could draw some attention, people might start looking into this and may be start an investigation into the matter.
any suggestions? criticisms??
we need to take a stand and TOGETHER!!!

ps Rajiv, can you guide us please?

Good idea. If there are 100 people, u can present a letter to the USCIS. If there are more u can rally. Make sure u call TV stations and the police for coverage. IV and all the organizations always tried to work smart and there has not been any grounds up operation. Politicians look at television to get involved. Should plan it in another week when AILA comes out with the details on what happened with the July VB; maybe around Aug VB will be great. 14th to 16th July looks like a good period.
If cases without FBI check etc have been approved or visa numbers have been reserved against those, it is not only bad for national security but is very inefficient. We may loose visa numbers at the end of the year...
Who knows!
There is however no susbstitute for a good old protest rally.

Great Idea

Its A Fantastic Idea

The Rally Should Be To The Capitol And Uscis And Letters Should Be Submitted To Speaker Of Senate, Speaker Of Congress
And Uscis

3 Great Letters With Around 200 People Rallying And Media Covering It

Can Make At Least Some Difference

I know everybody is a bit paranoid about visas being suddenly gone....

I would say - don't worry - from news, all across the board, uscis admitted that 60k visas were available and that their backlog has less than 60k (counting only namecheck cleared cases)...i am betting dates will be current again in october....just hold onto your application packets.......

I would say - let ailf take the legal route and sue uscis....most likely ailf is gonna win the lawsuit...

Uscis - looks like took a cue from h1b process - and decided to implement it for eb3-ow and eb3/eb2/eb1 categories...there is no precedent....and it's inhuman....ailf in all likfelihodd will win the suit....is my guess

Last edited by a moderator:
Uscis - looks like took a cue from h1b process - and decided to implement it for eb3-ow and eb3/eb2/eb1 categories...there is no precedent....and it's inhuman....ailf in all likfelihodd will win the suit....is my guess

Has anyone given a thought to what will happen if AILF wins the case ?

1) USCIS still cannot make all categories current because of unavailability of Visa numbers.

2) USCIS medical doctors will not reimburse any medical bills because the services (physical tests, vaccinations etc) have already been rendered. And besides what do they have got to do in this mess ? People went to them for their tests and they performed it. Also remember, blood test reports are not conducted by the doctors themselves but by other laboratories.

3) Airlines will not reimburse any tickets because they don't have anything to do with this mess. People cancelled their tickets or bought tickets to bring their families to the US in a hurry.

4) Attorneys cannot reimburse any money because they've spent their resources in the paperwork, checking documents and all legal matters related to filing the AOS application. Besides they had no way to know that the bulletin will be revised.

5) Fedex and other postal services will certainly not reimburse any charges. They did their job of sending your applications to the USCIS and returning them back as rejected.

So now the question is, what will be really gained by winning the lawsuit ?
- Money ? Well most of it will go to the AILF as legal charges.

- Changes in the bulletin system ? Oh yeah, we'll be back to the slow progression days of retrogression when it would take months for the cut-off dates to move by a few days. Remember when it went to Mid April and again went back to 1st April in the subsequent bulletin ?

Be sure that if USCIS loses, they'll never get bold again by pushing the dates by years as they did in the June bulletin and attempted the same in the July bulletin.

- Revocation of recently approved I-485s ? Yes, OH law firm has spoken of such a possibility. And now that the NY times has reported about approvals without name check results, this possibility may become a reality.

Whats your problem DVD? Thinking that your application might be revoked!
I can see from your PD and situation that you are worried about the last point you made the most "Revocation of recently approved I-485s ?"
While looking at it individually, yes, the lawsuit may have a negative impact for you.

Your comments smell of a typical "my work is done, why should others gain?"
attitude!

For once people have come together to FIGHT! please do not post such discouraging comments!
Collectively, I am sure, this FIGHT will make things better for others (and there might be a chance that they accept July filings!)
BESIDES, the point is not whether we will get reimbursed. The Point is about right and wrong. If nobody stands up to something wrong, then we the abuse will continue.

I see that u are worried about your GC approval. Don't worry, the rally won't take that out.

Has anyone given a thought to what will happen if AILF wins the case ?

1) USCIS still cannot make all categories current because of unavailability of Visa numbers.

2) USCIS medical doctors will not reimburse any medical bills because the services (physical tests, vaccinations etc) have already been rendered. And besides what do they have got to do in this mess ? People went to them for their tests and they performed it. Also remember, blood test reports are not conducted by the doctors themselves but by other laboratories.

3) Airlines will not reimburse any tickets because they don't have anything to do with this mess. People cancelled their tickets or bought tickets to bring their families to the US in a hurry.

4) Attorneys cannot reimburse any money because they've spent their resources in the paperwork, checking documents and all legal matters related to filing the AOS application. Besides they had no way to know that the bulletin will be revised.

5) Fedex and other postal services will certainly not reimburse any charges. They did their job of sending your applications to the USCIS and returning them back as rejected.

So now the question is, what will be really gained by winning the lawsuit ?
- Money ? Well most of it will go to the AILF as legal charges.

- Changes in the bulletin system ? Oh yeah, we'll be back to the slow progression days of retrogression when it would take months for the cut-off dates to move by a few days. Remember when it went to Mid April and again went back to 1st April in the subsequent bulletin ?

Be sure that if USCIS loses, they'll never get bold again by pushing the dates by years as they did in the June bulletin and attempted the same in the July bulletin.

- Revocation of recently approved I-485s ? Yes, OH law firm has spoken of such a possibility. And now that the NY times has reported about approvals without name check results, this possibility may become a reality.

Whats your problem DVD? Thinking that your application might be revoked!
I can see from your PD and situation that you are worried about the last point you made the most "Revocation of recently approved I-485s ?"
While looking at it individually, yes, the lawsuit may have a negative impact for you.

Your comments smell of a typical "my work is done, why should others gain?"
attitude!

For once people have come together to FIGHT! please do not post such discouraging comments!
Collectively, I am sure, this FIGHT will make things better for others (and there might be a chance that they accept July filings!)
BESIDES, the point is not whether we will get reimbursed. The Point is about right and wrong. If nobody stands up to something wrong, then we the abuse will continue.

Firstly, how can my work be done when I still have to go through the Name check black hole ? I firmly know where I stand and I have a long way to go yet.

People have come together to fight ?
Let me tell you, we legal immigrants are much scared than the illegal immigrants in the US.

What happened during the period of retrogression ? Did we have any rallies ? Did we ever feature in all the immigration hullaboo on programs like those of Lou Dobbs ? Whereas look at the illegals. Hundreds upon thousands came on the streets just on one rally call.

Even now, how many newspapers have even featured a story about the July bulletin problem ?

I certainly have no intention of discouraging any attempts of rallying. But before we all join the battle cry, we need to think of both sides of the story. I pointed out the other side of the coin. Its your choice whether you wish to curse me or think about what I've said.

"There might be a chance that they accept July filings ?"

You must be dreaming. No amount of arm twisting will make USCIS accept July filings when they've categorically stated that the Visa numbers are over. All that we can hope is that the dates do not substantially retrogress in the October bulletin.

lets stop fighting

guys lets stop fighting amongst ourselves.
lets get to the task of arranging this rally/ protest peaceully.
need some volunteers please who are in DC or VA or baltimore.
no one will stand for us. let AILF and IV do their things and we do ours.

c'mmon people-its time to rebel but peacefully.
need some emails

Yes, unless there are some grass roots efforts there is absolutely no visibility to the issues facing legal immigrants. I think having a rally is good even if AILA wins its case.
In the long run, even after people have a GC approval, there are a lot of issues that they have problems with. GC holders can't bring spouses etc.
Raising the profile never hurts especially in this country.
Ursosweet! you need to start a thread where people can provide signatures supporting your draft proposal/letter and you can hand that out.

guys lets stop fighting amongst ourselves.
lets get to the task of arranging this rally/ protest peaceully.
need some volunteers please who are in DC or VA or baltimore.
no one will stand for us. let AILF and IV do their things and we do ours.

c'mmon people-its time to rebel but peacefully.
need some emails

"There might be a chance that they accept July filings ?"

You must be dreaming. No amount of arm twisting will make USCIS accept July filings when they've categorically stated that the Visa numbers are over. All that we can hope is that the dates do not substantially retrogress in the October bulletin.

Dude - do you remember in mid-June'05 when Jul 05 Bulletin when EB3 went Unavailable - did USCIS accept application for EB3 from from mid-June to end of June 05? YES
- Do you remember, when EB2/Ind went unavailable in mid-Jul 06 when EB2 went Unavailable - did USCIS accept application for EB3 from from mid-July to end of July 05? YES

That's why AILF is gonna have lot of fun suing USCIS.....They are just gonna point these two recent scenarios.....and say USCIS needs to be consistent in it's policies....THEY JUST CAN'T DO WHAT THEY WANT ONE DAY AND NEXT DAY DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT

Dude - do you remember in mid-June'05 when Jul 05 Bulletin when EB3 went Unavailable - did USCIS accept application for EB3 from from mid-June to end of June 05? YES
- Do you remember, when EB2/Ind went unavailable in mid-Jul 06 when EB2 went Unavailable - did USCIS accept application for EB3 from from mid-July to end of July 05? YES

That's why AILF is gonna have lot of fun suing USCIS.....They are just gonna point these two recent scenarios.....and say USCIS needs to be consistent in it's policies....THEY JUST CAN'T DO WHAT THEY WANT ONE DAY AND NEXT DAY DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT

Same like 'Other worker' Categories recently. But USCIS did not revise the bulletin in these cases. In our case, they've not only revised the bulletin unprecedently but stuck to it despite AILF's words about suing them.

So its certainly going to be a long drawn legal battle.

And I wholesomely agree, they cannot do what they wish. But all these years they've proved that not only can they do what they wish but also get away with it.

Same like 'Other worker' Categories recently. But USCIS did not revise the bulletin in these cases. In our case, they've not only revised the bulletin unprecedently but stuck to it despite AILF's words about suing them.

So its certainly going to be a long drawn legal battle.

And I wholesomely agree, they cannot do what they wish. But all these years they've proved that not only can they do what they wish but also get away with it.

In fact, that's what USCIS - lawyers were looking at USCIS and they EB3-OW files getting rejected....They didn't understand first...they complained through AILA and thought it was USCIS error...but USCIS said - what we did is not errror and we stand by it....and it's own precedend in 05/06 - against itself! Ha Ha!

That's when they realized, what that meant, EB2/EB3 may be next.....and when AILA heard word that July Visa bulletin may be updated (on Friday, June 29th)....they immediately decided to sue on behalf of "EB3-OW"....

When they learnt that, as they expected EB3/EB2 did the same thing...they are just extending their suit to EB3/EB2 as well....

I think they are gonna sue USCIS for not accepting (EB3-OW) in June and no EB petion in July!

I know, USCIS is crazy....but laws they got to adher to....
and more often than not, in cases of I140 denials/I485 denials...USCIS always loses....so I am pretty hopeful that a Judge will look at it ...and ask USCIS why the heck you alllowed in July 05 and Aug 06? if you allowed it then, take it now again!
I would bet 90% that AILF win....

The funny thing is USCIS is powerless infront of these courts....they just don't let USCIS do what they want....

Once, they had one guy come into US on I140 approval....but later USCIS found some fraud and rejected I140/I485 and subjected him to deportation proceedings...that guys sued in multiple courts and eventually won on the ground that - since he came to US on approval of I140....USCIS should have informed him before itself....USCIS gladly accepted the rule and rewrote the laws and added an extra caluse (245.3 or something) to reserve the right to do I140 denial later...some story like that.....USCIS always loses court battles....

Look at namecheck, they take pride in subjecting 485 applicants to 3-4 year wait....but just when WOM lawsuit is filed, they just come back and approve the case in 30 days...I am betting, USCIS hates these courts....and am sure they will hate AILF soon...

Without law on paper authorizing USCIS - it's pretty powerless...In this case, there is nothing on paper that lets USCIS close the doors in the mid of the month....

In fact, that's what USCIS - lawyers were looking at USCIS and they EB3-OW files getting rejected....They didn't understand first...they complained through AILA and thought it was USCIS error...but USCIS said - what we did is not errror and we stand by it....and it's own precedend in 05/06 - against itself! Ha Ha!

That's when they realized, what that meant, EB2/EB3 may be next.....and when AILA heard word that July Visa bulletin may be updated (on Friday, June 29th)....they immediately decided to sue on behalf of "EB3-OW"....

When they learnt that, as they expected EB3/EB2 did the same thing...they are just extending their suit to EB3/EB2 as well....

I think they are gonna sue USCIS for not accepting (EB3-OW) in June and no EB petion in July!

I know, USCIS is crazy....but laws they got to adher to....
and more often than not, in cases of I140 denials/I485 denials...USCIS always loses....so I am pretty hopeful that a Judge will look at it ...and ask USCIS why the heck you alllowed in July 05 and Aug 06? if you allowed it then, take it now again!
I would bet 90% that AILF win....

The funny thing is USCIS is powerless infront of these courts....they just don't let USCIS do what they want....

Once, they had one guy come into US on I140 approval....but later USCIS found some fraud and rejected I140/I485 and subjected him to deportation proceedings...that guys sued in multiple courts and eventually won on the ground that - since he came to US on approval of I140....USCIS should have informed him before itself....USCIS gladly accepted the rule and rewrote the laws and added an extra caluse (245.3 or something) to reserve the right to do I140 denial later...some story like that.....USCIS always loses court battles....

Look at namecheck, they take pride in subjecting 485 applicants to 3-4 year wait....but just when WOM lawsuit is filed, they just come back and approve the case in 30 days...I am betting, USCIS hates these courts....and am sure they will hate AILF soon...

Without law on paper authorizing USCIS - it's pretty powerless...In this case, there is nothing on paper that lets USCIS close the doors in the mid of the month....

hi Banta,
your postings are quite clear and you seem to be an experienced person. I am sure many other people feel the same ..just thought I will let you know the above so that you will continue to give your thoughts :).

I am not against rally but I believe that Flower Campaign will have more effect than rally.
neither rally nor flowers will have any effects. flowers will end in garbage and rally will get some chuckles.(unless rally is huge). what is needed is big effort but is not possible at all. for eg what if all people in limbo were to migrate to another country in huge numbers ..maybe that would get some attention ...but that will never happen. or if there was a huge rally of legal immigrants where they align with either republicans or democrats ..but again the numbers are not there ...
in the end our fate is like that of beggars ..we have to be happy at what is thrown at us.