Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

SafferJoe

Registered Users (C)
Anyone else in the Raleigh/Durham area? My NOA stated I can expect to wait 730 days!!!

I guess this must have something to do with the fact that this will be a new DO. Ground was only broken in July, and it is expected to open next March (Ha!).

It'll be great not having to trek all the way to Charlotte, but I guess I won't be voting next year...:mad:

Anyone else in the Raleigh/Durham area? My NOA stated I can expect to wait 730 days!!!

I guess this must have something to do with the fact that this will be a new DO. Ground was only broken in July, and it is expected to open next March (Ha!).

It'll be great not having to trek all the way to Charlotte, but I guess I won't be voting next year...:mad:

I'm in the Raleigh area but still haven't had my check cashed, let alone received NOA. My guess is that 730 days is based on 16-18 month processing time that USCIS recently announced and the fact that the new office in Durham won't officially open until March. I've learnt not to go by USCIS posted or submits as processing times and they are mostly guesstimates.

I am in the same area as well. Check not cashed till now! I will not trust anything that USCIS says ...

Bobsmyth - I think you're probably right. They probably tacked on a few hundred days because of the uncertainty about when our new office would open. Wouldn't it be nice if it really did open in March and we all got whisked through!

I don't know why it's taking so long for your and im9999's cheques to be cashed. But once cashed, the NOA seems to follow shortly, so hang in there!

Bobsmyth - I think you're probably right. They probably tacked on a few hundred days because of the uncertainty about when our new office would open. Wouldn't it be nice if it really did open in March and we all got whisked through!

I don't know why it's taking so long for your and im9999's cheques to be cashed. But once cashed, the NOA seems to follow shortly, so hang in there!

I'm glad to see that NOA for Triangle area applicants mentions the new office in Durham. I wasn't sure when they would start referring to that location. The last I heard is that they are still on target to open in March.

TSC has slowed down again it seems since last week. From the posts here, they are currently at July 30 so im9999 should have their check cashed any day now. As for me, I'm guessing late next week. Good thing my GC only expires in April 2009; I can afford to wait unlike others who are depending on citizenship to sponsor family or whose GCs expire soon.

The NOA did not specifically mention the new office - it just stated "your local USCIS" office, which I assumed would the Durham one.

The NOA did not specifically mention the new office - it just stated "your local USCIS" office, which I assumed would the Durham one.

Oh, I thought NOA mentioned the new Durham office. So I guess we'll only find out once you get interview letter.

My check was finally cashed at TSC yesterday, 18 weeks after the USCIS received it. The tracking number on the check looks like SSC$00136XXXX which doesn't show anything online, although when I put in SSC*001136XXXX it shows :

On November 6, 2007, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case.

Congratulations, Bobsmyth! I'll be interested to hear how many days they estimate in your NOA when you receive it.

I'm in Raleigh and got my receipt yesterday too. It does say 730 days is the expected processing time.

I'm headed out of the country in a couple of weeks (for 3 weeks) and I think that the fingerprinting appointment will come in exactly when I'm out of town. Any ideas what I can do in this case?

My application was received on the 30th of July and I received the receipt on the 5th of November.

Sorry. Big type on my part. I received the receipt on December 5th. My sense of time is getting a little warper dealing with the USCIS

I'm in Raleigh and got my receipt yesterday too. It does say 730 days is the expected processing time.

I'm headed out of the country in a couple of weeks (for 3 weeks) and I think that the fingerprinting appointment will come in exactly when I'm out of town. Any ideas what I can do in this case?

My application was received on the 30th of July and I received the receipt on the 5th of November.

Is it possible for you to have someone check your mail while you're gone? That way if you receive the the FP letter while you're gone you can reschedule an appointment.

I don't know anyone that I trust enough to check my mail. Do you guys know if it's a big deal if I miss the FP appointment and reschedule after the fact?

I don't know anyone that I trust enough to check my mail. Do you guys know if it's a big deal if I miss the FP appointment and reschedule after the fact?

I believe you have something like 30 or 60 days to reschedule your FP date if you can't make it before USICS considers your case dead, so you should be fine. Some places even have walk ins, so call the number on the notice one you get it.

Thanks for the information. That's what I'll end up having to do, assuming that the FP appointment is scheduled for when I'm out of town.

I'll keep you all posted...

I am from the RDU area. Have been waiting for mine from July 2006. I am stuck in the Name Check Delay. If your case is not stuck like mine you can receive it earlier. Rule of thumb is if you have been in the country for long expect long delays! I know of cases with delays more than 3 yrs on N400 cases.

Good Luck!

I am from the RDU area. Have been waiting for mine from July 2006. I am stuck in the Name Check Delay. If your case is not stuck like mine you can receive it earlier. Rule of thumb is if you have been in the country for long expect long delays! I know of cases with delays more than 3 yrs on N400 cases.

Good Luck!

Waiting since July 2006?? Have you thought of filing WOM?

FP notice received!

I received my FP notice last Friday (12/07/07)! The notice date was 11/30/07, and I'm scheduled to have them taken on 12/22/07 at 1pm in Charlotte. I hope this is the only time I have to go to Charlotte.

Josephkam, I hope this gives you some approximate idea of the dates you might expect. If you receive your notice before you travel, there is a section in the notice that allows you to reschedule your FP dates.

Good luck!

I received my FP notice last Friday (12/07/07)! The notice date was 11/30/07, and I'm scheduled to have them taken on 12/22/07 at 1pm in Charlotte. I hope this is the only time I have to go to Charlotte.

Josephkam, I hope this gives you some approximate idea of the dates you might expect. If you receive your notice before you travel, there is a section in the notice that allows you to reschedule your FP dates.

Good luck!

FP in Charlotte? I wonder why they allowed me to take FP for GC at Wake County sheriff's office downtown Raleigh. I wonder if rules changed after 9/11.

Thanks for the info updates guys. I'm headed back to the US tomorrow so I should find the FP notice in my mail. I've probably missed it so I'm really hoping that I can do a walk-in at the office in Charlotte. Will let you know my FP dates etc. once I find out myself.