Rajudm's I485 approved -- All done... April 2003/EB3 PD 23July2002

rajudm

Registered Users (C)
Firstly, thank you very much Mr. Rajiv Khanna for providing the excellent opportunity/forums for sharing our pain and pleasure through this gruelling US immigration procedure.

Thanks to many people on the forum who encouraged during depressing times, and the knowledge base among the forum members is the best I have seen here.

All of us (spouse, son, and myself) got approved today. Last LUD was on March 8th 2005. Congressmen's office confirmed yesterday that the files were passed on to concerned officer on March 17th. Checked the case status at 10:15, LUD was still March 8th. At 10:29 it changed to 03/30 and immediately yahoo messages showed up (totally 6 of them) indicating the final landing of US immigration process.

Now I claim that I have conquered three immigrations (Canada, Australia and US). No plans for any other country. :D

I could have been in EB1 (with 2 masters and PhD). got stuck with a bad attorney who made mistakes at every stage (a) state labor remanded back to the employer stating the salary was low (b) federal labor issued NOID since advertisement and justification for the position was not shown, (3) put me in EB2 category knowing very well that the job advertisement was in EB3. (4) I140 RFE for 'ability to pay' and change category from EB2 to EB3. (5) With all these lost 8 months time and got pushed into retrogression phase.

Local congressmen's office intervention really helped in pushing the case forward.

I am relieved now, but have a very bad feeling about the the whole process which could be far better and fair. We are made to suffer due to someone's inefficiency. Wish you all the best to get over the line as soon as possible. Now it is time to take off........ :D :D :D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!

rajudm said:
Firstly, thank you very much Mr. Rajiv Khanna for providing the excellent opportunity/forrums for sharing our pain and pleasure through this gruelling US immigration procedure.

Thanks to many people on the forum who encouraged during depressing times, and the knowledge base among the forum members is the best I have seen here.

All of us (spouse, son, and myself) got approved today. Last LUD was on March 8th 2005. Congressmen's office confirmed yesterday that the files were passed on to concerned officer on March 17th. Checked the case status at 10:15, LUD was still March 8th. At 10:29 it changed to 03/30 and immediately yahoo messages showed up (totally 6 of them) indicating the final landing of US immigration process.

Now I claim that I have conquered three immigrations (Canada, Australia and US). No plans for any other country. :D

I am relieved now, but have a very bad feeling about the the whole process which could be far better and fair. We are made to suffer due to someone's inefficiency. Wish you all the best to get over the line as soon as possible. Now it is time to take off........ :D :D :D :D :D

congrates Rajudm

I have been following ur case closely...Congrates bud..did u get confirmation on your name check ?

sanju_y678 said:
Congrates... Are you India Citizen or Australian ? PL Update...

thanks.

My son is Australian by birth, and my spouse and myself are naturalized Australian citizens. I believe 'alternate chargeability' might have worked in my favour.

GCJaisaKoiNahi said:
Congratulations Raju. Enjoy your freedom

Thanks GCJaisa....
Another hurdle passed. I plan use my freedom to utilize my geotechnical/earthquake degree in combination with IT. Hope your case also see the light soon since RFE response is already received by them.

glrao,
thanks. I still remember the days of I140 RFE 'ability to pay'.

ramaraovr,
yours will be next....if you hear that the case is with the officer....give 2 to 3 weeks.

Rajudm:
congratulation!!
I am so exciting when i saw your message. Enjoy.
Hope our case will be approved soon.

Thanks

Hey Congrats Rajudm

I told ya you were gonna get it soon, didnt I :D :D :D

Made your infopass appointment for stamping?

Just a tip: Don't forget to return your AP's at the same time when you go for your I551 stamping ;)

va_gc said:
can you tell me your Congressmen information.
i try to find one in VA or DC

you can only go with your local congressmen. i.e based on the address used while filing I485. Our local congressmen is Rush Holt.

Congratulation Rajudm,
Have below docs handy for your stamping...
1. Passport
2. New style photographs (Front Face)
3. I485 Approval copy (courtesy copy)
4. I-94
5. Old EAD's
6. Old AP's
7. Infopass Appointment Letter (Must)
8. Driving License

--shishe

This is really a great news Buddy! :D :D :D and I am really very happy for you and your family. :D

I know all the hardships and pains you have gone through this entire process and I sincerely hope that you post GC life will be more successful and joyful.

Good Luck to you!

hi rajudm !!

Thanks for your blessings. Hopefully I am the next........

140 /1-485 Rd 04/11/03
I-140 : ad 03/04.
fP1 done : 2/15/04.
I-485 LUD : 10/10/04.
I-485 approved date ???????

Congrats !

So let me understand this. You were born in India, are a naturalized citizen of Australia, a PR of Canada and now a PR of US ! Way to go man, you are a true citizen of the world !