Raise Yours Hand and Voice Here! Pre-May 31st Filers

damn!

Hey Oldtimers:

Hope life's going good for you guys. Havent logged on to this site in few weeks now. Have been completely pissed.

I just dont get good feelings about my case - no not being overly critical. On April 29, 2005 I received an email from USCIS that SECOND RFE has been generated - this is the second time such message has been generated.

From the last 75 days when I called INS 800 number to check on the status it says due to some problems they can not retrive the information regarding my case. I called today again just to see what's going on - when I enter my LIN number it goes completely blank like the phone's dead - almost like a silent message is being picked up. Very weird -

Cheers!
Currys

curryus said:
Hey Oldtimers:
....... Very weird -
Cheers!
Currys
Currys, write them an inquiry about the non-receipt of your RFE. Send it by certified mail with return receipt. One never knows with USCIS, but they shouldn't get back one fine day saying they are voiding your application due to non-response to their RFE.

The way things are proceeding, I would be surprised if I see my approval in 2005.

Hello

frodo said:
Currys, write them an inquiry about the non-receipt of your RFE. Send it by certified mail with return receipt. One never knows with USCIS, but they shouldn't get back one fine day saying they are voiding your application due to non-response to their RFE.

The way things are proceeding, I would be surprised if I see my approval in 2005.

Hello Frodo:

Just received an email from my lawyer who actually received an RFE this time - hard copy:) Asked for the medical which is still going to take time for me to get from India. Sucks - Do you knwo if I can just send them few affidavits or something?

Here's wot it says:
As you know, we have received a Request for Evidence (RFE) from the U.S. Citizen
ship and Immigration Service (CIS) regarding the Application to Register Permane
nt Residence or Adjust Status (I-485) submitted on behalf of XYZ. Accordi
ng to the correspondence, the CIS has requested additional evidence that establi
shes the birth and parentage of Mr. XYZ. Specifically, the CIS has requested add
itional evidence such as the following:

Hospital birth records which name Mr. XYZ and both parents;
Medical records which name Mr. XYZ and both parents;
School records which name Mr. XYZ and both parents;
Census records which name Mr. XYZ and both parents; or,
Church records in the form of a certificate under the seal of the church
where the baptism, dedication, presentation or comparable rite occurred within
two months after birth of Mr. XYZ, showing the date and place of his birth, date
of religious ceremony, and the names of both parents.

Cheers!
Currys

Last edited by a moderator:
curryus said:
Hello Frodo:

Just received an email from my lawyer who actually received an RFE this time - hard copy:) Asked for the medical which is still going to take time for me to get from India. Sucks - Do you knwo if I can just send them few affidavits or something?

Cheers!
Currys
They accept affidavits, but they have not specified that in the RFE - maybe it's better to send what they ask for.

You could try the following site (run by TTK) to help get the documents - it might come faster.
http://www.yourmaninindia.com/

Hi Fredo and all..
Finally it is coming to end.. Today my wife's application is approved, I am assuming mine is approved too, just that status is not changed..
RD 05/01/02 RFE 01/XX/03. My case was stuck in FBI check. Wish you all good luck..
-jaysys

jaysys said:
Hi Frodo and all..
Finally it is coming to end.. Today my wife's application is approved, I am assuming mine is approved too, just that status is not changed..
RD 05/01/02 RFE 01/XX/03. My case was stuck in FBI check. Wish you all good luck..
-jaysys
Congrats Jaysys! Another one off the line! Wish you the best :)

I've a question - does the LUD change when USCIS receives the results of the name check from the FBI?

"I've a question - does the LUD change when USCIS receives the results of the name check from the FBI?"
No really.. For me LUD is changed today, with approval notice for dependent. LUD is changed for me but no approval message ..
-jaysys