Raise Yours Hand and Voice Here! Pre-May 31st Filers

Anyone with updates? I tried calling USCIS last Friday, but ended up with a uncooperative woman (African American sounding) who hung up on me. I called again and another woman (young and Caucasian sounding) was very polite and said she could do another case referral, but the system was down. The first woman kept harping, "you got a note from USICS, what did it say?" (I had inquired in October). When I said that the note said the case processing time has been extended (USCIS's usual CYA reply to an inquiry), she said so you have to wait. She never once offered to do a referral again, since 60 days have passed since the last reply from USCIS, and then hung-up on me when I tried asking for help. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Same Responce

I filled my case in Jan 2002 and still waiting because of NAME CHECK with FBI.

I got same response in October 2004 that we need some more time to process your case.

I contacted FBI and they said our file was forwarded to USCIS, Washington in January 2003.

USCIS is saying that they didn't recd our file and it is still with FBI. Nobody is giving us correct answer.

We sent inquiry and visited local USCIS office in January 2005 and findout that USCIS sent us 2nd fingerprint notice in OCtober 2004 which we never recd it. We are at same address from last 4 years.

We don't know what the hell they're doing. They're totally confused.

Another one joins the dust

Hi Folks

I'm new to this forum but have been waiting for my greencard for dogs ages. I filed mu 485 April 2002 - no news since then. I woke up all of a sudden from my deep slumber in Oct. 2004 and tried to get my a** in gear (until then I had forgotten about the GC). I contacted the NSC in Oct and they told me to be patient. They also told me that I had to file AR-11. I had actually filed AR-11 (as we moved) in June 2002 but I guess I needed to send the NSC a copy of it. I filed AR-11 again and sent the NSC a copy. The bizarre thing is that they also indicated in the letter that I need to send in the AR-11 before they could approve my third EAD, when in fact it had already been approved more than 6 months ago!!

In any event, my fingerprints expired in October 2004 and we contacted the congressman's office and soon after received FP notices and got them done in Dec. No news since then. I inquired through the 1-800 # again in Feb and got a letter from NSC that my case has been selected for "detailed review". Haven't a clue what this is about. I contacted a local senator's office and they tell me that their best guess is that my case is stuck in the FBI namecheck process. Sent an e-mail to the FBI and sent a letter to the NSC again to expedite my case since it is past the processing date. No news from the FBI and I get a response from NSC saying that my case doesn't qualify for expeditious handling. I tried asking the senator's office to contact the FBI but they wouldn't do it.

Anyway that is my situation. Is there anything that I could do that I haven't done already? Any suggestions appreciated. And I apologize for going on an on - I hope that most of you have better luck than I've had.

best,

Kamil

kamil said:
Hi Folks

I'm new to this forum but have been waiting for my greencard for dogs ages. I filed mu 485 April 2002 - no news since then. I woke up all of a sudden from my deep slumber in Oct. 2004 and tried to get ............
best,

Kamil

You've done everything that I can think of (I've done the same). Just keep inquiring. It will eventually come through.

frodo said:
It is just their CYA response. I got the same message in Oct, but nothing has happened since then. Even FBI has not responded to my Oct & Nov inquires. :mad:
Frodo and all,

Finally my case and wife's case were both approved on Mar 8. Good luck to all of you - I'm sure that your days will come soon.

Best regards,

Electrospray

Frodo and Electrospraya,

Did you file your I-140 with other centers, but not with NSC? You know the fucking NSC sometime needs to connect your I-485 with your I-140.

Rolling Hills said:
Frodo and Electrospraya,

Did you file your I-140 with other centers, but not with NSC? You know the fucking NSC sometime needs to connect your I-485 with your I-140.
My I140 was filed with NSC. This was before concurrent filing was implemented. My 140 was approved in record time - in about 4 weeks. According to my congressman, everything but security check is complete in my file.

I just heard from FBI to my email request of Nov 9th that name check is still pending (since Dec 03). Here's a snippet from that email which gives me no concrete information...

"While I cannot give an exact date for completion of this review, please be assured that the results will be made available to the immigration authorities as expeditiously possible."

:mad:

electrospray said:
Frodo and all,

Finally my case and wife's case were both approved on Mar 8. Good luck to all of you - I'm sure that your days will come soon.

Best regards,

Electrospray
Electrospray!

This is great news and gives me hope! Congrats and God bless.

Frodo

electrospray said:
Frodo and all,

Best regards,

Electrospray

Congrats!!!

Guys, I see you all getting approved sooner or later - I wonder if anyone will be left to see me.

After long time waiting, both my wife and mine case were approved on March.8. My wife's name check was cleared in Dec. 2002, but my name check wasn't until March 3.

My ND is June, 2002.

Thank you for all your help.

Rolling Hills said:
Frodo and Electrospraya,

My I-140 was filed with NSC in Nov 2001 and it was approved in Mar 2002.

rogertt2003 said:
After long time waiting, both my wife and mine case were approved on March.8. My wife's name check was cleared in Dec. 2002, but my name check wasn't until March 3.

My ND is June, 2002.

Thank you for all your help.
C :) ngrats! It's is nice to see another person complete the journey.....

Rfe?

Hey longtimers:

My RD is 2002 but while reading found this group to be closer to what my mind is going through.

CIS received my response to the RFE on Jan 7, 05. And on March 10, 05 LUD changed and no it was not the approval - but an RFE AGAIN! First RFE required me to send B'certificate/copy of I-94.

LUD says "On March 9, 2005, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case."

Any idea what this RFE might be?
What's the process after the first RFE response.

I'd really appreicate if you can share your thoughts.

Cheers!
Currys

Unheardof

unheardof said:
Look at my dates! :mad:

This is truely unheardof case. What happened here and whos' got the explanation - I fail to understand the delay for your case. It's gives me chills to see the dates as old as yours and still waiting to get approved. Please reply if you did get approved.

I sincerely hope that you get your case approve ASAP. Any idea who dropped the ball and what's the latest - what does the lawyer suggests in this case. I mean this is over 4 years now...

How are you handling y'self. Just curious -

Cuz mine is Oct 2002 and every single day I think about my life and feel like just giving it up and going back to India - and blame all this CIS trauma on luck and just cut my losses short. I've practically put a hold on my life - Education/Getting married/travel to India just because goals were based on the assumption (WORST one) that my case will be approved soon. By every passing day it seems like it's not going to happen. I feel discouraged by the actions of CIS and believe it to be completely random and arbit way of doing things. Am very happy for the guys with RD > 03, 04 that have gotten approved but at the same time sad for old timers like y'self (I include myself in that league).

It's amazing that how the time has passed - and once extreme confident personality is critically analyzing the personality again. Seemed to have negatively impacted by the actions of CIS. I mean what did we do wrong? or is it just luck of the draw? Gets me.

Last edited by a moderator:
March 2003 Filer Here

Hello:

Count me in this boat. I have not heard back from USCIS at all. I made inquiries in December and was told that I am stuck at name check. My friends with ND after mine are getting approvals. I think there are clearly racist decisions being made--for sure. My friends are white, european, and they have been sailing through.

Curry: Consider immigrating to Canada. They are less racist in their immigration approaches, it seems.

I am really fed-up and tired of waiting, of putting my life on hold, and of putting my life in the hands of someone else. If I were an illegal Mexican, I would be treated better. Instead, I have lived in this country completely legally, I have never been out-of-status, I am well-educated, and I pay ALL my taxes, and I feel like i am treated as a common criminal.

Shame, shame on USCIS.

Hi

Price we pay for the decisions we make! aint that true!

I actually made that decision long time ago and in 1999-2000 received my Canadian residency - just cuz I liked US better then Canada - ended up working longer for the company and the downhill run started.

I hear from my friends jun03/aug03 who got approved. Also, I noticed some people in this forum from Q104 getting approved.

I hate INS with all my guts.

Cheers!
Currys

hey Frodo

Hi Frodo:

Nothing new here on this side. Applied for third AP/EAD couple days back.. still havent heard back from INS.

Now INS has taken out my status (phone). So when I check their automated messages.. I get none.
How u been?
Currys!