Raise Yours Hand and Voice Here! Pre-May 31st Filers

Name Check

Electrospray,

How did you know that your name check is done? I have sent an email to FBI one month back and so far no reply. Is there any other way to verify this?

Thanks

NSC GC

I sent a fax to FBI in 9/04 and got a reply in 10/04. But I heard they no longer take fax or phone inquiry so you can only send them e-mails.

email address for namecheck

electrospray said:
I sent a fax to FBI in 9/04 and got a reply in 10/04. But I heard they no longer take fax or phone inquiry so you can only send them e-mails.

whats their email address to enquire name check is complete without any problems ? Is there a format to be used ? Thanks !

Raju90 said:
whats their email address to enquire name check is complete without any problems ? Is there a format to be used ? Thanks !
Write a note to FBI (fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov) asking if your name check is completed. Provide your last name, first name, middle name, a#, and dt of birth.

Is there any one still waiting here?? I filed referal on DEC26 let's see what I am getting back..
-jaysys

frodo said:
Did you follow-up with anyone - such as senators/congressman/FBI/INS?
Oh yeah, I tried everything I can think of, just that maybe I should havedone it earlier. The congresswoman's office found out my name check has been pending since dec 02 in dec 04, NSC says they will resubmit it to make sure I am in FBI system. I asked the congresswoman to push for expedite in FBI since it's been so long, but she says she can't do anything for national security reasons! Go figure! How can we breach natl security by asking them to act fast!

I can see a clear trace in the FP history of people ( Including myself) who is stuck by FBI name check:
1. Done 3 FPs, the latest was around winter 2004.
2. There was less than 15 months between first and second FPs. Normally FP shall be valid for 15 months. So I guess there was something wrong in our first and second FP or technical glitchs happened. I checked with FBI FP dept and get confirmation that all my FPs done were sent to INS the same day I did FP.
3. If INS messes up with our first FP, there is a possibility that INS did not request name checks until our second FP was done. But even so, it's been more than 1 year since my second FP. :mad:

4. Just guessing: I am from state of Michigan. Maybe FBI only screw up MI cases as we are a democrate-majority state??? who knows

what's next?

Finally I got a letter from my congresswoman saying FBI finished my name check on 12/29/04. NSC updated my case on 1/10/05 saying "responded to my request for more information on my case", which is strange, no mentioning about approval. No change on my spouse's case. Does anybody know what that means? To make it worse, It's been two weeks and I haven't received that letter! What will they say if that's not approval? Do they still want an interview after all I have gone thru? Nobody in my company had an interview.
:confused: :mad:

That's a good thing. CIS just told you that you answered your inquiry on case status ( I guess you did that for the delay) hope you will see your case approved very soon.

Also, as your case came back to the CIS hand, I guess you can ask your congressman to push them, while they could not do anything to push FBI.

unheardof said:
Finally I got a letter from my congresswoman saying FBI finished my name check on 12/29/04. NSC updated my case on 1/10/05 saying "responded to my request for more information on my case", which is strange, no mentioning about approval. No change on my spouse's case. Does anybody know what that means? To make it worse, It's been two weeks and I haven't received that letter! What will they say if that's not approval? Do they still want an interview after all I have gone thru? Nobody in my company had an interview.
:confused: :mad:
I think the major hurdle that was holding up you case is now history. You should see your approval anytime between now and 2 months.

Did you inquire about your case? The message that you see appears when the applicant inquires about his case.

My lawyer inquired with NSC on my behalf on 1/21 and online message changed to "we responded to your request for more information on my case" on 1/24. But the response I got was really nothing new: "Due to the pending caseload at the Nebraska Service Center, the processing time of your application/petition has been extended. Allow extra time for an officer to review your applications...". Does this mean the case is with an officer now? Frodo, I remeber you had a similar response from CIS a while ago, right? I guess the saga continues:-(.

electrospray said:
My lawyer inquired with NSC on my behalf on 1/21 and online message changed to "we responded to your request for more information on my case" on 1/24. But the response I got was really nothing new: "Due to the pending caseload at the Nebraska Service Center, the processing time of your application/petition has been extended. Allow extra time for an officer to review your applications...". Does this mean the case is with an officer now? Frodo, I remeber you had a similar response from CIS a while ago, right? I guess the saga continues:-(.
It is just their CYA response. I got the same message in Oct, but nothing has happened since then. Even FBI has not responded to my Oct & Nov inquires. :mad:

I have the same respone to my inquiry to USCIS. Also, i got a letter from senator office today said that: the name check for my wife was completed in Dec. 2002, but my case is still pending with FBI. What the hell...