Raise Yours Hand and Voice Here! Pre-May 31st Filers

frodo said:
I got a response to my inquiry. It is a standard CYA letter which states that the processing time for your application has been extented due to backlogs, and that an officer would soon review the case.

I got mine too and it's the same crap word by word as yours - "...the processing time for your application has been extented ..."

My RD is 5/21/02. I e-mailed the company lawyer asking them to inquire with CIS and this is the answer I got:

"Dear xxxx,

I understand your frustration. The processing report from the Service
Centers is a general timeline - it is not a promise that they have
completed all cases filed prior to the processing date. Therefore, the
Immigration Service will not entertain an inquiry until the report shows
that they are at least 30 days beyond your filing date in processing times.
We would be happy to inquire once the report shows that they are processing
cases filed after June 21, 2002.

You may certainly contact your congressman, but please keep in mind that
there are many, many people suffering the same delays. It has been our
experience that a letter from your congressman doesn't impact the
processing times unless your company is willing to pursue the matter and
state that their business is suffering from these delays."

I was thinking that the holdup was my name check - but just recently found that it was cleared on 10/5/04. Just keep my fingers crossed that they will touch my case soon.

electrospray:

I think you should contact congressman, from your details it appears that your 2nd FP may also expire soon. If that -unfortunately -happens you will be waiting for entire cycle of waiting for FP3.

GRCA-2002,

Thanks for your suggestions. I'm just afraid CIS will give the same crap my lawyer said to my congresswoman. Plus, my 2nd FP already expired - we did it on 7/12/03.

BTW, my lawyer just filed our 4th EAD and AP applications (they are probably making a fortune just filing these for folks). Is that going to trigger actions on pending 485, by any chance?

electrospray:

In my case, congressman helped me get my FP2. My spouse's FP2 was done much earlier .( see details in signature below). I got FP2 notice within 10days of contacting congressman.

In my opinion EAD does not trigger anything as it seems to be handled by different set of officers.

Last edited by a moderator:
GRCA-2002,

I decided to contact me congresswoman. Do you think that I should tell her office about all my details including name check cleared and FP2 expired, or just let them make the initial inquiry and then follow up once they get an initial answer/excuse from CIS?

Thanks again and hope you will hear the magic word soon!

What I did was to write a letter ( along with usual form that they give to fill out, which lets them do the inquiry). The letter had 2 parts to it. In first part I gave the timeline of the case with the dates. In second part I explained the problems faced like BMV, house loans, travel out side the country, EAD etc along with money needed to renew all these.
Hope this helps.

electrospray said:
GRCA-2002,

I decided to contact me congresswoman. Do you think that I should tell her office about all my details including name check cleared and FP2 expired, or just let them make the initial inquiry and then follow up once they get an initial answer/excuse from CIS?

Thanks again and hope you will hear the magic word soon!

You can tell your congresswoman about your name check & FP. The good news is that the name check has cleared. Now your case is back under USCIS control, and you need to push then for your FP.

Thank you both, GRCA-2002 and Frodo, for your replies. I will write the letter and send it out first thing in the morning on Nov 3 - just making sure that my congresswoman acutally wins the re-election first ;-)

electrospray said:
Thank you both, GRCA-2002 and Frodo, for your replies. I will write the letter and send it out first thing in the morning on Nov 3 - just making sure that my congresswoman acutally wins the re-election first ;-)

Hope your congresswoman won and you were able to send that letter off :)

So here's my updates: I got a response from my congressman that the NSC has lost my papers. I have no words! They only have the I-485 application and they are missing everything else, whatever that is - applications, approvals, internal memos etc. Go figure. This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Congressman can't do anything, they told me NSC is making an inquiry to National Visa Center and see if they have the paperwork. I already contacted the NVC my self and they have no record of me. So what's next? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hi Frodo,

Yes she did win - in a landslide actually - and I have sent out my letter. Hopefully we will hear from her office soon.

npnjan02,

Sorry to hear about your situation. Did you talk to your lawyer and see whether they kept copies of your I-140 and I-485 applications?

My lawyer has all the documents, but again they haven't issued RFE or anything. I also believe they need their internal documents/memos or whatever.

That sucks. They should approve your case right away since they lost your paper. Why you have to pay the price for their fault.

I received my third FP notice (my second FP expired in Sep). I am hoping for some movement.....