Raise Yours Hand and Voice Here! Pre-May 31st Filers

Any update ???

May 31st Pre-Filers - any update on your case??? Please keep us posted. No update on my case.

My Rd is May-03-02. when I called they told me since current date is May-31. They have window of 30 days. Currently they are waorking on cases ranging May-01 to May-31, so they can post a query on my case only after current date changes beyond June-03.
Also those who have contacted Senators, where to find information about whom to contact?
-Thanks

No significant updates on my case as well. I made an inquiry about two weeks ago, and last week (Wednesday) my LUD changed along with the message - "... we responded to your request for more details..." Unfortunately I have not received anything yet.

So I wonder if anyone has had similar exprience where they would "open" the case and put such message, but in reality they are actually working on the case? Maybe I am too optimistic, but that's the only way to explain why I haven't received the actual letter yet.

I made an enquiry on 10/13, and my LUD changed on 10/15:

On October 15, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

I am going to wait for a week or so, and contact my congressman again. I had contacted him in May, and he told me to wait a few months till the processing date crosses my RD............

frodo said:
I made an enquiry on 10/13, and my LUD changed on 10/15:

On October 15, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

I am going to wait for a week or so, and contact my congressman again.

Ok, so you haven't received your letter as well. I know it usually takes about 3 business days.

Do you think they are actually looking at your case? Did the LUD change after 10/15?

npnjan02 said:
Ok, so you haven't received your letter as well. I know it usually takes about 3 business days.

Do you think they are actually looking at your case? Did the LUD change after 10/15?

No, LUD didn't change after 10/15. I know my name check is still pending, and that's what is holding up my case. But, in the meanwhile my 2nd FP has expired and I wonder when they would sent me my 3rd FP notice. I asked the IIO about this when I called, and all she could say was that they would send one if and when it is necessary.

Something else weird - usually the status message changes the next day after they send a reply to the inquiry. Mine changed on the 13th and said "On October 13 we responded...". Isn't that unusual? Also I didn't get an email, glad I checked.

Finally, the magic word appeard on my case

Finally the magic word (THIS CASE HAS BEEN APPROVED) appeared for my case.. for my spouse too.. Waiting for an actual approval notice. BIG RELIEF.. :D THANKS TO EVERYONE

I-485 Date is - May 9,2002

jay2kay said:
Finally the magic word (THIS CASE HAS BEEN APPROVED) appeared for my case.. for my spouse too.. Waiting for an actual approval notice. BIG RELIEF.. :D THANKS TO EVERYONE

Congrats! Hope the tide changes for the better for all us pre May-31st filers :)

jay2kay said:

Congrats man!

Can you give us more details - where was the hold up? Did you receive email? Did you ever contact your senator?

ibcd92 said:
Any update Pre May 31st filers? What are your next steps?

No updates on mine - I haven't received the response to my inquiry, even thogh my online status said they replied last Wednesday.

frodo, did you receive yours?

npnjan02 said:
No updates on mine - I haven't received the response to my inquiry, even thogh my online status said they replied last Wednesday.

frodo, did you receive yours?

No, not yet.

I didn't contact the Senator. I asked my attorney and they suggested me to not to contact Senator immediately. Since I opened a case on Oct 6th, Attorney asked me to wait to get the response back from USCIS and take the neccessary action. So I was just waiting. Finally my case got approved and the LUD changed this morning around 12:30am and got an email. :p

I don't know what caused the delay, but finally it happened. I guess all the May 31st pre-filers will get this magic word pretty soon. I know its hard, but you can't do anything but waiting. I WISH YOU ALL A GOOD LUCK !!

Yep, we did see some action here, plus a lot of information. I tried to start a Pre-Feb 01 thread about couple of months ago and before that, but no success - I guess there was not many filers like me.

I got a response to my inquiry. It is a standard CYA letter which states that the processing time for your application has been extented due to backlogs, and that an officer would soon review the case.