Rainbow Bridge -TN - Flag polling - Question

isabel18

I am currently in Canada - I have a new Job Offer in the US - and thinking of having someone drive me to the Rainbow Bridge ..get the TN status and return back to Canada - arrange things from Canada (e.g. renting apt in the US) before finally moving to US to start my job...

Can anyone let me know whether flag polling is still in place at the Rainbow bridge ? becoz i want to return back to Canada after getting my TN Status..

Thanks

Yes, it is always in place. The question though is whether you will need to test/quarantine when coming back. You would need to check with an officer on the CDn side BEFORE crossing.

Thanks Nelsona!!!
So the flag polling does not really avoid quarantining ... anyways based on news today ... fully vaccinated individuals can cross without quarantining starting 07/05...but looks like a PCR test is still required ..if I am crossing back into Canada ...

It has not been automatic for those who go only to the POE for TN and return (which is flagpolling) have had to test/quarantine. That is why I'm suggesting you call ahead. For example, those who try to cross the US border an are turned back, are not subject to quarantine either.

Thanks Nelsona!!!
So the flag polling does not really avoid quarantining ... anyways based on news today ... fully vaccinated individuals can cross without quarantining starting 07/05...but looks like a PCR test is still required ..if I am crossing back into Canada ...
Someone flag polling would not have the 72 hr PCR test results. Is that what you are referring to or will they only need the on-arrival PCR test?

It has not been automatic for those who go only to the POE for TN and return (which is flagpolling) have had to test/quarantine. That is why I'm suggesting you call ahead. For example, those who try to cross the US border an are turned back, are not subject to quarantine either.
Is there a direct line to call at with such queries for Canada. Can you please provide the number if you have it?

Hi,

I did the flag polling 3 days ago. Went to CBSA Canadian side on the PB before crossing, asked the officer. Said if you are flag-polling just need the proof of vaccination ( 2 doses) and 14 days after the last dose. Went to the US POE, returned to Canada told the officer flag-polling and showed the vaccination proof, no quarantine and no testing needed.

Don't bother calling CBSA number, too much wait time and you will not get a response. I tried it.