"Pending" and "CIA Check"

architect

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My info PD(5/96), ND(7/00), FP(11/24). Waiting. No RFE yet.
Does any body know what \'Application is Pending\' means? That is what the IIO told me when i called VSC last week. She would not give me any further details(politely refused my queries on whether it is assigned to an officer or not). Sounded very suspicious to me. Anybody with similar experiences?
I have seen a new INS process come up on this board called \'CIA check\'. Is that happening only for Local transfers or is that for everybody including those processed at Service centres? Does anybody know about that? I am wondering if the \'Pending\' would correspond to the \'CIA Check\'. Just trying to second-guess the INS although i know it is fruitless.
Good luck.

CIA check is for all case nowadays

I went to newark yesterday for interview. Officer cleared my paperwork, but put a CIA check pending stamp on my passport. He told me that this check is for all applicants, for all categories and all local offices have been instructed by CIA to hold cases for 60 days. In my case, it will be end of Aug. But I have seen a baltimore approval for Tushar Shah and a Philly office approval yesterday. I don\'t know what is going on. Seems that only newark office is holding cases for CIA check :-(

Same thing here!

My ND is also July,00 i.e. 7/18/00. I called VSC in the middle of June,01. I was advised to wait for 45 to 60 days. However, it was assigned to an officer and was under review. There is no RFE as of yet. I\'m also suspecting the delay caused by this weird "CIA Check".
My first few digits of my case number are EAC-00-223-50XXX. Could U share the same info. Thanks!

trying

My receipt no is EAC-00-231-XXXXXXX. My nationality is India.
Winner2, can you post more details of your case, please? PD/Country?
Thanks.

No Title

Hi trying,

My EAC is 00-230 (very close to your\'s) but ND 8/17.

Anyways - I\'ve heard that my case is with an officer. However I also
heard that the IIO was wondering why the officer had been taking so
long with it and she was going to send a reminder. Said wait 3-4
weeks

???

I got this info from my lawyer\'s office.

Semper Esperado & Trying!?

Dear Trying & Semper, to answer your questions/concerns, my country is Pakistan and category EB2/RIR.
Since our cases are recvd around the same time and all three of us are waiting, I think our cases are being looked at by the same adjudicating officer. Since I was advised to wait for 45 - 60 days more when I called on June 15th,01, I will wait for couple of more weeks and then call VSC. I think we should coordinate with each other as to what is taking so long. If any of us call IIO, we should ask some specific questions about the delay in the processing of our cases and don\'t forget to share it on this board. I\'m a regular visitor of this site. Right now, I hear this CIA check thing. Could this be the reason of this long delay. If they\'ve to wait for two months on CIA check clearance then how come cases of Aug and Sept are being approved. Thanks guys!

Semper & Trying Plz. read!

Dear Trying & Semper, to answer your questions/concerns, my country is Pakistan and category EB2/RIR.
Since our cases are recvd around the same time and all three of us are waiting, I think our cases are being looked at by the same adjudicating officer. Since I was advised to wait for 45 - 60 days more when I called on June 15th,01, I will wait for couple of more weeks and then call VSC. I think we should coordinate with each other as to what is taking so long. If any of us call IIO, we should ask some specific questions about the delay in the processing of our cases and don\'t forget to share it on this board. I\'m a regular visitor of this site. Right now, I hear this CIA check thing. Could this be the reason of this long delay. If they\'ve to wait for two months on CIA check clearance then how come cases of Aug and Sept are being approved. Thanks guys!

No Title

Good suggestion Winner2.
Here is a trace of my case.
 == Called IIO at the end of June (don\'t remember the date). Was told the case is in the processing area(not assigned i guess) and should hear something in the next 30 to 60 days.
 == Could not resist calling again last week (facing a possible layoff). Was told it was \'pending\'. Quizzed further on what pending means? She refused to answer anymore but did inadvertently say that it is being worked on. Asked her how long should i wait before calling? She said i can call anytime i want(what does that mean?).
May be it is not my turn call now. :)

semper,
just wanted to point out that your EAC number and ND are out of sync. Mine is EAC-00-231 and my ND is 7/27. Winner2 is EAC-00-223 and his ND is 7/18. If your EAC is 00-230, i think you should be one day ahead of me. Please double check.
thanks.

No Title

Hi Trying, Winner2

I\'ve sent you both a private message - please respond
and count me in on the discussions.

I indeed have receipt EAC 00 230 but with an ND of 8/17
I\'ve noticed that it is out of phase with the rest but do not
know why

My inclination, however, is that it is being processed
by EAC number in which case It falls right between
your cases 224 and 231.

No Title

Thanks for contacting us. You can contact me on my yahoo email i.e.
my4852000@yahoo.com. We should try to update each other on anything new that can give us some idea about the speed and status of our applications. Thanks!

No Title

Is your I-140’s are approved for CP , can u please and chare the info , is that is causing the delay in approving the case

No Title

If your I-140 is approved for CP and you file for I-485
some times they transfer your papers to your native country
right ???
I never have clue about CIA check ????

No Title

My I-140 was also not for CP as far as I know.

Trying - I will contact Winner2 via his email and he can get us in touch.

Best regards

Neither is mine i.e. CP

Hi Guys,
No mine is also not for CP. It is a straightforward case EB2/RIR, ND 7/18/00.