Quick US Passport Issuance

arigsagc

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,
I need some advice here i will have my citizenship interview on May 19, 2008 but i have to travel in the carribean on May 23, 2008.

is there any chance that i could have my us passport before the 23rd of may. I am pretty positive that on the day of interview that i will get my oath and my certificate of citizenship since thats how they do it here in new jersey. But my concvern is what chance do i have to get a quick passport.

Any comments or suggestion is highly appreciated. Thanks much in advance.

arigsagc

I am no expert, but chances are pretty slim. I think it at least takes like 10 business days or so for the expedited service. and 8-10 weeks for the normal service.

Where does it say that they will issue same day passport? It says 2 weeks (14 days). Most people get theirs in 10 days or so

I'm traveling tomorrow and therefore I made an appointment at the Miami passport agency for this morning. My appointment was at 8am and they will have my passport ready for pick up this afternoon at 2pm.

pay extra

congratulations!!! did you pay extra to get it on the same day??
I'm traveling tomorrow and therefore I made an appointment at the Miami passport agency for this morning. My appointment was at 8am and they will have my passport ready for pick up this afternoon at 2pm.

the cost was $160 total. I believe it's not much different than doing the expedited (2 week) service via the post office.

BTW for those interested it took about 1 hour in the morning, mostly standing outside in line to even get into the building through security.
When coming back after 2 pm to pick up the passport there was no wait at all.

documents

what documents did you present so that u will get the passport on the same day? do u have to prove that it was an emergecy why u have to travel or having a airplane ticket and ur traveling within 14 days is enough?

Thanks again
the cost was $160 total. I believe it's not much different than doing the expedited (2 week) service via the post office.

BTW for those interested it took about 1 hour in the morning, mostly standing outside in line to even get into the building through security.
When coming back after 2 pm to pick up the passport there was no wait at all.

It does not have to be an emergency. They don't care for what reason you are traveling. I was going on vacation, so were many others waiting in line with me.

I just showed them the airline confirmation. They were no problems at all.

Another woman in line did not have a travel confirmation at all, she also didn't have an appointment and they gave her a hard time but I think they ended up issuing her a same day passport too, even with no proof of anything.

call in advance

do u have to call in advance to ger an appointment or just show up early in the morning in the passport agency office?

It does not have to be an emergency. They don't care for what reason you are traveling. I was going on vacation, so were many others waiting in line with me.

I just showed them the airline confirmation. They were no problems at all.

Another woman in line did not have a travel confirmation at all, she also didn't have an appointment and they gave her a hard time but I think they ended up issuing her a same day passport too, even with no proof of anything.

I got mine in 2 weeks. Applied at the rockefeller center post office in NYC in late February.

They spelt my last name wrong, so I submitted a correction, and that took a week from the day I mailed it to the day it arrived in my mailbox.

This was all with regular (non-expedited) service.

So if you apply in NYC they process it fast.

interview and oath date

how come ur interview date is different from oath taking date?
I got mine in 2 weeks. Applied at the rockefeller center post office in NYC in late February.

They spelt my last name wrong, so I submitted a correction, and that took a week from the day I mailed it to the day it arrived in my mailbox.

you have a call their automated appointment line. The number is on the state departments website

Good morning. These are great news!!. When you called the automated appointment number, do they gave you the option to choose the day of the appointment? And the paper you showed them was your e-ticket?
Thanks,
:eek::)

Good morning. These are great news!!. When you called the automated appointment number, do they gave you the option to choose the day of the appointment? And the paper you showed them was your e-ticket?
Thanks,
:eek::)

The appointment line is all automated. There will be an option to take the next available appointment or you can search for an appointment on a specific date. You will be able to enter a date via your touch tone phone. Must be within 2 weeks. I entered my desidered date and it offer 8:30am.

At the appointment just show your e-ticket or itinery.

ryanj, did you use the online application wizard to generate the passport application or did you use a paper based form?