Quick Question...running out of time... Please please help..

manisun

Hi there...My name is mani and I had a quick real quick question.

I have been send a letter by INS to come for my finger printing to NYC . However my parents are able to go that day and it not covienient for me to go ..this is for next wednesday 8/25/04 as I will be in North Caroline ( for college ) . I dont want to miss class. Is it a good idea to ask them to send papers to some INS center in north Carolina or do you think I should just somehow miss class and take care of the Fingerprinting....Please let me know ... I trust you guys and I am sure I will get the right answers.

Thanks a lot :)
Mani

call the 1-800 and reschedule for a different ASC (application support center) or a different date..

you can either reschedule or try to walk-in with the letter on any other day, though, no guarentees you will get it. But, I know in ATLANTA, when I went on July 30 for my FP for AOS, there was a guy, who had his appointment on 26th and he missed it. They took him eventually, though we all had to wait and it all depended on how many folks they had. But, different ASC have different policies. Best is not to miss your appointment and get it done. But, I think, you can get it at any ASC close to you as well.