Quick Oath Question

Lakey

Registered Users (C)
Im not suppose to actually learn the oath, right? I assume they give you a printed copy/dictate it. Also, do we take the oath individualy or as a group?

I have my oath next week. I think I know the answers to my questions, just want to make sure.

TIA!

In SJ, we were given print outs of the oath and the natl anthem. We all read/sang together as a group.

Yeah, everyone reads/mumbles the oath from the printed program (at least at both my wife's and my ceremonies (5 months apart, in Dallas)).

I don't think it is humanly possible to memorize that oath.

Recieved the oath date, wife did not

Flydog, I got the oath ceremony notice but my wife didn't get the notice, even though we were interviewed on the same day.
Do you know why, I saw your note and looks like you both got at different times.

Recieved the oath date, wife did not

Flydog, I got the oath ceremony notice but my wife didn't get the notice, even though we were interviewed on the same day.
Do you know why, I saw your note and looks like you both got at different times.

The USCIS works in mysterious ways. My oath was 5 months after my wifes, but so was my interview. You might try contacting the DO to see what is going on (by phone if you have a phone number, or an infopass).

I had a 3 month old Visa bill show up in my mail box the other day. The USPS is pretty reliable, but they screw up occasionally (and, the USCIS does it regularly).

My wife and I were interviewed on the same day by different IOs, but my oath ceremony date then came up almost 4 weeks before hers...

My theory is her IO went on vacation for a week or so, and simply didn't get the paperwork completed. The other possibility is Baltimore DO needed to pick candidates for taking the oath at the Baltimore International Festival. Either way, I consider myself lucky that I got the earlier date and a MUCH shorter ceremony.