queston for tt tt

dildar

Registered Users (C)
tt tt

I have a question regarding the residency obligation per C-11 bill. You had posted earlier that in the reply from the minister's office you were told that the you can be out of canada for 730 days in a 5 year period.

the C-11 bill says :

The following provisions govern the residency obligation under subsection (1):

(a) a permanent resident complies with the residency obligation with respect to a five-year period if, on each of a total of at least 730 days in that five-year period, they are

(i) physically present in Canada

Isn't this a contradiction ? I ask this question as the letter I got with my landing papers mentions the same thing as the Minister's office.

....... dildar

Originally posted by tt tt
Guys!!
I had written an email to the Immigration Minister, Mr Dennis Codere, over 3 months ago asking about the retroactivity of the new law.

Guess waht, I got a letter from the Minister's office saying tha each time a PR presents himself at the border the officer on dury will look at the past 5 yrs of the PR and determnie if he has spent over 730 days out of Canada. Now for those of us who have landed less than 3 yrs ago..this means we can get back in! with no problems