Questions to ask (or not) to immigration officer

rajeshfromLA

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I have my InfoPass appointment next Wednesday for interim EAD (90 calendar days from RD).

Do you guys think I can ask the immigration office on status of my name check as well as I-131 status and AOS interview? And maybe just ask if the application looks good or if he has any qestions for me?

Any other tips?

Thanks

rajeshfromLA said:
Hello,

I have my InfoPass appointment next Wednesday for interim EAD (90 calendar days from RD).

Do you guys think I can ask the immigration office on status of my name check as well as I-131 status and AOS interview? And maybe just ask if the application looks good or if he has any qestions for me?

Any other tips?

Thanks
With all respect you can ask them what ever you want them about your case. Just be polite.

Hi everyone!

I just got 2 questions reguarding getting iEAD, because I may also will have to go for it.

1. Is it after 90 days from RD or ND when you can apply for iEAD?
2. Is it 90 calendar days or work days ?

I've read different information through out the forum, anyone has the correct info?

Thank you.

I googled,

myjuls said:
Hi everyone!

I just got 2 questions reguarding getting iEAD, because I may also will have to go for it.

1. Is it after 90 days from RD or ND when you can apply for iEAD?
2. Is it 90 calendar days or work days ?

I've read different information through out the forum, anyone has the correct info?

Thank you.

It is 90 calendar days from the RD date. So you may require you iEAD at the 91st day.

One more question:
Which RD do I need to take into consideration the RD on the NOA or the one mentioned in LUD?

Thanks again.

i asked the same question

myjuls said:
One more question:
Which RD do I need to take into consideration the RD on the NOA or the one mentioned in LUD?

Thanks again.
the RD on the NOA letter.

Just talked w/ USCIS

and they confirmed to me that it needs to be 90 calendar days from the RD mentioned on the NOA.

Guys, thanks a lot!

To rajeshfromLA - good luck on Wednesday!

Please, post your experience afterwards, let us know if it's possible to find additional information about your case with them while getting iEAD.

rajeshfromLA said:
Hello,

Any other tips?

Thanks

Like amishah wrote, you can ask whatever you wish, but as for name check, I-131 and interview status, they wont know more than you do. They are Immigration Information Officers and have limited access to your files.