Questions to All who had been Naturalized--Please Answer!

needsolution

Registered Users (C)

I have a few quetions for all those who had been through the oath ceremony. I would appreciate all answers. All my questions here refer to the oath ceremony. When you are called to oath ceremony, they ask you

AFTER your 1st interview for N400, if you have been charged with, or had traffic citations.

Question 1.
If you received several speeding tickets after your interview date, when you inform the officer at the oath ceremony, do they ask to see copies of speeding tickets and their dispositions or do they just take your word for it?

Question 2.
What would happen if someone gets a speeding ticket a few weeks before the oath ceremony and goes to court is put on deferred adjudication for 90 days. When the person informs the officers at the oath ceremony, can they still proceed with the oath even if the person is on deferred adjudication for 90 days?

Question 3.
At the oath ceremony, when you tell them how long you have been out of the country since your interview, do they require you to prove it in any way with stamps from your passport etc? If a person has been out of the country a few times for several months, and even once for 5.5 months, would they require to see proof of residency or proof of exit and entry?

I have a few quetions for all those who had been through the oath ceremony. I would appreciate all answers. All my questions here refer to the oath ceremony. When you are called to oath ceremony, they ask you

AFTER your 1st interview for N400, if you have been charged with, or had traffic citations.

Question 1.
If you received several speeding tickets after your interview date, when you inform the officer at the oath ceremony, do they ask to see copies of speeding tickets and their dispositions or do they just take your word for it?

You should definitely get these tickets taken care of in advance of the ceremony, and (more importantly) take proof that you paid when you attend oath.

Question 2.
What would happen if someone gets a speeding ticket a few weeks before the oath ceremony and goes to court is put on deferred adjudication for 90 days. When the person informs the officers at the oath ceremony, can they still proceed with the oath even if the person is on deferred adjudication for 90 days?

You really don't want to go to court if you can help it. By doing so, you open yourself up to having your oath ceremony deferred until the outcome of the court case is available. There was another thread on this very topic just a few days back - the guy went to court for a speeding citation, and ended up with an RFE to supply court disposition because the case hadn't been heard before his interview. Same rules apply at oath. You will be asked!

Question 3.
At the oath ceremony, when you tell them how long you have been out of the country since your interview, do they require you to prove it in any way with stamps from your passport etc? If a person has been out of the country a few times for several months, and even once for 5.5 months, would they require to see proof of residency or proof of exit and entry?

Well, interview and oath aren't usually that far apart, so most people don't manage a 5.5 month trip! In your situation I think it would be prudent to take as much backup documentation as you can.

oath experience in Indianapolis

My wife recently took her oath in Indy, and she did have an overseas visit of 5 months plus. However according to her no one asked her for any details although she had checked yes for the travel question on N-445. Hope that helps.