Questions: Stamping @ Newark

adyav

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

Infopass Appointment letter asks to bring all original documents. What all documents do we need to carry?
How much time does it take to stamp the passport?
Do they have parking over there?

Kindly post your experiences:

I485 AD March 2005
Passport Stamping Appt: April 1, 2005

Here is what you would need
1) Approval Notices(doesn't matter if they are original or courtesy Copies)
2) EAD's even Expired ones
3) AP's even Expired ones
4) Un-Expired Passports
5) Two Photo's(three/four in case your passport is expiring soon)

We had 7:45 AM appt and we reached there at 7:15 and go out @11AM

There is parking next to the buliding. I don't remember the directions search this fourm for newark stamping and you will find one post that gives you the directions i followed them, they were so gooood

Thanks

Just came back from stamping at Newark. It is fairly simple. Take the document as zipper suggested.

Get the directions to broad street in newark. Once on the broad street if you are going North, tunr right on the E Kinney street and then left on the Orchard street. The parking is right there - $11 per day. Park there and you can walk into the building next to the parking which is USCIS and SSN building. On the front door the gaurds do some flow control so u may have to wait outside for a minute or 2. Go in, through the security check and go to 3rd floor. The lady there will check the Infopass and Id and guide you to the line. Stand in line, when you go to the window, the lady there will take your signature and index finger print on a form. She will take the approval notice of 485 and staple the form, Infopass and approval notice together and give a token. Every member in the family needs separate Infopass. DO NOT FILL THE FORM. Just keep tham as it is as they gave you.

Now they will ask you to wait till called by the token number. Go to that window, th eperson will take all documents and photos from you, do the paperwork and ask you to wait for passport.

Now you wait again and after some time a lady will come out from a door and call names of people and hand them over the stamped passport.

It took a while to get the stamping done. Went in at 8:30 and was out by 12:30. Had lunch in the 2nd floor cafetaria than.

Best Of Luck.

infopass

I used one appointment for my family.
The guard let my family in when I said it was one info pass appointment per family.

Thanks a lot, will_get_there for the detailed and informative response.
:)

Zipper,
Thnaks for the list!

will_get_there said:
Just came back from stamping at Newark. It is fairly simple. Take the document as zipper suggested.

Get the directions to broad street in newark. Once on the broad street if you are going North, tunr right on the E Kinney street and then left on the Orchard street. The parking is right there - $11 per day. Park there and you can walk into the building next to the parking which is USCIS and SSN building. On the front door the gaurds do some flow control so u may have to wait outside for a minute or 2. Go in, through the security check and go to 3rd floor. The lady there will check the Infopass and Id and guide you to the line. Stand in line, when you go to the window, the lady there will take your signature and index finger print on a form. She will take the approval notice of 485 and staple the form, Infopass and approval notice together and give a token. Every member in the family needs separate Infopass. DO NOT FILL THE FORM. Just keep tham as it is as they gave you.

Now they will ask you to wait till called by the token number. Go to that window, th eperson will take all documents and photos from you, do the paperwork and ask you to wait for passport.

Now you wait again and after some time a lady will come out from a door and call names of people and hand them over the stamped passport.

It took a while to get the stamping done. Went in at 8:30 and was out by 12:30. Had lunch in the 2nd floor cafetaria than.

Best Of Luck.