questions regarding statement of translation

haimi

Registered Users (C)
Dear all - I just e-filed my EB1-ea 140. Need to send supporting documents now. Still have a question, could you help? Many thanks!

For the statement of translation, can I put myself as the translator? Or it must be someone else?

Dear all - I just e-filed my EB1-ea 140. Need to send supporting documents now. Still have a question, could you help? Many thanks!

For the statement of translation, can I put myself as the translator? Or it must be someone else?

Haimi,
just guessing but why not put someone else - all they need to do is
fill out that statement that it is correct - it's posted somewhere on the immigration service website. just ask someone to sign for you, in front of a notary. i'm guessing if self was good enough, then why bother with the notary?
makes more sense to not be yourself.

Best of luck to you.
vg

vg - many thanks! If in front of a notary, will the notary give his statement or stamp too to make the statement of translation more official? Is this notary required?

BTW, after you e-filed, is the case status (e.g., pending) available online immediately? I e-filed minutes ago, but when I tried to check status by using the receipt number, it couldn't locate my case. Should I wait until it showed up and then send out my supporting documents?

Wish both of us best of luck! Have you figured out do you need to send any supporting documents for your I-907?

-haimi

Haimi,
just guessing but why not put someone else - all they need to do is
fill out that statement that it is correct - it's posted somewhere on the immigration service website. just ask someone to sign for you, in front of a notary. i'm guessing if self was good enough, then why bother with the notary?
makes more sense to not be yourself.

Best of luck to you.
vg

Last edited by a moderator:
vg - many thanks! If in front of a notary, will the notary give his statement or stamp too to make the statement of translation more official? Is this notary required?

BTW, after you e-filed, is the case status (e.g., pending) available online immediately? I e-filed minutes ago, but when I tried to check status by using the receipt number, it couldn't locate my case. Should I wait until it showed up and then send out my supporting documents?

Wish both of us best of luck! Have you figured out do you need to send any supporting documents for your I-907?

-haimi

Haimi -
forget it - i dont know what i'm talking about.
look here:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD
(general tips from uscis) - says just fill out this form... you already know.
doesnt seem like notary needed. but still may look better if someone else signed.

Regarding online filing - when i e-filed the 140, it showed up right away, even tho it was nighttime. when i filed the 907 it was saturday and nothing hapened, and still nothing - i got the receipt instantly, but when i check the case online it says no such number. the money showed up as pending in the bank, right away :cool: i was just wondering myself - glitch or what? i'll wait till this afternoon and then email / call to find out....

thanks for the wishes.
vg

Just E-Filed, but case status cannot be found

vg - thanks for the advice and info!

For my status, it still says no such number. I tried to call them 1800-375-5283, but the system also said no such number and there was no option that I can speak with someone. Guess I will wait until tomorrow to check again and hopefully I can see it and then mail my supporting documents.

-Haimi

Haimi -
forget it - i dont know what i'm talking about.
look here:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD
(general tips from uscis) - says just fill out this form... you already know.
doesnt seem like notary needed. but still may look better if someone else signed.

Regarding online filing - when i e-filed the 140, it showed up right away, even tho it was nighttime. when i filed the 907 it was saturday and nothing hapened, and still nothing - i got the receipt instantly, but when i check the case online it says no such number. the money showed up as pending in the bank, right away :cool: i was just wondering myself - glitch or what? i'll wait till this afternoon and then email / call to find out....

thanks for the wishes.
vg

I'd suggest doing the translation yourself, then having someone fluent both in your native tongue and English fill out the form (found at the link vg359 provided above), i.e. certify that the translation is accurate, and then getting that certification notarized. Simple and sufficient - that's what I did and had no problems or RFEs. You can find a notary at your bank for instance... Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Haimi,

What is the statement of translation? Why do you need this to file I-140? I was going through previous posts and just now show your question. I have not submitted such translation.

Thanks,

Triv