Questions regarding N-400

raju755

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am trying to fill the New N-400 form. I am not sure whether to answer these questions or not.

I didn't serve in U.S Armed forces nor a current member of it.

Can i leave these questions unanswered or need to select "No".

1) If you are currently member of U.S. Armed forces, are you scheduled to deploy overseas, including to vessel, within the next 3 months?

2) If you are currently a member of the U.S Armed forces, are you currently stationed overseas?

3) Have you ever been court-martialed, administratively seperated, or disciplined, or have you received an other than honorable discharge, while in U.S. Armed forces?

4) Have you ever been discharged from training or service in the U.S armed forces because you were an alien?

5) Have you ever applied for any kind of exemption from Milirary service in the U.S Armed forces?

6) Have you ever deserted from the U.S . Armed forces?

Please help.

Thank you

Thanks for the reply..It's a check box with "Yes"/"No"..I believe i should not write N/A outside the Box.can u please tell where i should write N/A(it's not a free text field)

Hmm... Once you said "no" to "Are you currently a member of the U.S. Armed Forces?", the questions that start with "If you are currently a member of the U.S. Armed Forces, ..." shouldn't matter. Probably best to put "no" also.

For the questions that start with "Have you ever ...", you should put "no".

Hmm... Once you said "no" to "Are you currently a member of the U.S. Armed Forces?", the questions that start with "If you are currently a member of the U.S. Armed Forces, ..." shouldn't matter. Probably best to put "no" also.

For the questions that start with "Have you ever ...", you should put "no".

Thank you..so..in your opinion,it's best not to leave them Blank(even though it's not applicable as i never served in Armed force)..
Correct?

Actually when you put 'NO" in 38. the following questions does not matter to you. However, I put "NO" in every single one in my application.

Thanks for the reply..It's a check box with "Yes"/"No"..I believe i should not write N/A outside the Box.can u please tell where i should write N/A(it's not a free text field)

The N-400 instructions regarding filling out part 11 of the form say: Answer each question by checking "Yes" or "No".

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/n-400instr.pdf see p. 8 of the instructions.

So you should check "No" for all the questions that don't apply to you, such as questions 37 through 45 about service in the U.S. armed forces. Don't leave those check-boxes blank and don't write "N/A".