Questions regarding GC application.

Redbasil

Registered Users (C)
I'm now holding H-1B Visa and planning to apply for a Green Card by having a sponsership from my current employer.
Please advise me for the following questions,

1. Do I have to work for the current employer in the entire process of the GC application?
If I don't, how long do I have to stay with my current employer before moving to another employer?

2. If I have about 1.5 years left on my H-1B visa (second round), is it still possible to apply for a GC? Is there any extension of stay in the US. in this case?

3. I'm now working in a small firm with 9 people, is that going to affect a chance of getting an approval for a GC?

Thanks

1. No. You can change an employer in 180 days after I-485 has been filed. Also I-140 must be approved by the time you quit the sponsoring company.

2. Yes. If you LC is pending more than 1 year or your I-140 is pending or I-140 is approved but you can't file I-485 due to the retrogression then you may get your status extended.

3. Nobody knows it for sure. DOL tries to hide all the "red flags". Anyway, a size of a company is definitely not the most important concern. I'm even not sure whether it is a concern at all. :D

Redbasil said:
I'm now holding H-1B Visa and planning to apply for a Green Card by having a sponsership from my current employer.
Please advise me for the following questions,

1. Do I have to work for the current employer in the entire process of the GC application?
If I don't, how long do I have to stay with my current employer before moving to another employer?

2. If I have about 1.5 years left on my H-1B visa (second round), is it still possible to apply for a GC? Is there any extension of stay in the US. in this case?

3. I'm now working in a small firm with 9 people, is that going to affect a chance of getting an approval for a GC?

Thanks