Questions on OCI Application Process

rajiv_ksharma

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I am planning to apply for OCI for my family (myself, wife and 2 kids). I have couple of questions. If anybody have answers/suggestion. That will be great.

1. Do I need to fill order form for each member of the family or just one form for the family ? I dont see any option for applying OCI for family.
2. Should I send separate checks/MO for each member or just one for the whole family.

Thanks in advance.
Rajiv.

Question regarding SC with OCI application

Hi

I am almost done preparing the application for OCI+ SC. Question I have is whether I need to mail my original Indian passport along with the application OR along with US passport once OCI is granted.

The instructions mention sending copies of the Indian passport but nothing about mailing it.

Thanks,

KAT02

Latest on OCI photos

Guys:

I am almost ready with the OCI application.

I checked the link to the OCI photo requirements on the Travisa website (for Chicago consular region). The sample photo shown there appears to have a white background. The description says 2" x 2" photo on a light background.

What has been the experience of people who have most recently received their OCI card? Have regular "US Passport" photos been accepted or rejected? I know that this matter has been discussed ad nauseum but it seems that the size required has also changed from the 35mm x 35mm to the US passport size. About the background color: I asked around for pictures with a non-white background and most stores flatly refused. So I am wondering if the hassle of getting say a light blue background is worth the trouble if regular white background is now accepted.

I will appreciate any clarification.

Regards,

KAT02.

Guys:

I am almost ready with the OCI application.

I checked the link to the OCI photo requirements on the Travisa website (for Chicago consular region). The sample photo shown there appears to have a white background. The description says 2" x 2" photo on a light background.

What has been the experience of people who have most recently received their OCI card? Have regular "US Passport" photos been accepted or rejected? I know that this matter has been discussed ad nauseum but it seems that the size required has also changed from the 35mm x 35mm to the US passport size. About the background color: I asked around for pictures with a non-white background and most stores flatly refused. So I am wondering if the hassle of getting say a light blue background is worth the trouble if regular white background is now accepted.

I will appreciate any clarification.

Regards,

KAT02.
My son recently applied for OCI and they accepted the photos taken at CVS pharmacy (regular US passport photos with white background).

How many pre-paid labels

If applying for OCI and SC together for myself and spouse, should I send 2 pre-paid shipping labels OR more (not counting copies)? Are both cancelled Indian passports returned together? What about US passports that are mailed for the U-Visa sticker?

Regards,

KAT02