Questions on Lost/Stolen Passport

intellect922

Registered Users (C)
Hello, I have a question. I lost my passport so I decided to set up and appointment and go to an agency in person because I have to travel soon(to canada by air). (I also feel better going in person that having to mail my certificate of citizenship).

When you go to the passport agency in person do you get the passport the same day? Or will I have to leave my certificate of citizenship with them and come back?

Also...more importantly? What happens if you lose both your passport and certificate of citizenship? How do you prove your citizenship? Its a bit scary to feel that everything might hang on one paper.

Thanks for the answer

Hello, I have a question. I lost my passport so I decided to set up and appointment and go to an agency in person because I have to travel soon(to canada by air). (I also feel better going in person that having to mail my certificate of citizenship).

When you go to the passport agency in person do you get the passport the same day? Or will I have to leave my certificate of citizenship with them and come back?

Also...more importantly? What happens if you lose both your passport and certificate of citizenship? How do you prove your citizenship? Its a bit scary to feel that everything might hang on one paper.

Thanks for the answer

Did u not make photocopies of your passport and natz certificate and kept it in a safe place? If your answer is "NO", you better start praying.

Thanks for the answer

No photocopies??

No, even going in person will not give you a passport the same day. They still have to run all the paperwork background checks!!

Did u not make photocopies of your passport and natz certificate and kept it in a safe place? If your answer is "NO", you better start praying.

Oh i have copies, i was just wondering if I will get the passport is same day(with an appointment at the agency) or if i will have to leave my certificate of citizenship with them.

Losing my passport made me wonder what will happen if i actually lost the the passport AND the certificate of citizenship.