Questions on Interview

gcWAC127

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

I have my interview scheduled for next week. I have gotten a standard interview letter asking me to bring originals of all the documents I sent with the N400 form. I have not received any yellow letter with a list of documents to bring like some people have reported. I forgot to send my photos with N400 form and they have not even asked for that! I have the following questions
1) Besides the originals do I need to take any other documents such as Tax returns etc?
2) For the interview will the 100 questions suffice or is there anything else to prepare?
3) I have indicated that I want to change my last name, are there issues with getting an earlier oath date due to this? If so then can I change the name change option during the interview? My interview is in San Jose CA field office. I need the US passport soon as my work involves a lot of international travel.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I have my interview scheduled for next week. I have gotten a standard interview letter asking me to bring originals of all the documents I sent with the N400 form. I have not received any yellow letter with a list of documents to bring like some people have reported. I forgot to send my photos with N400 form and they have not even asked for that! I have the following questions
1) Besides the originals do I need to take any other documents such as Tax returns etc?
2) For the interview will the 100 questions suffice or is there anything else to prepare?
3) I have indicated that I want to change my last name, are there issues with getting an earlier oath date due to this? If so then can I change the name change option during the interview? My interview is in San Jose CA field office. I need the US passport soon as my work involves a lot of international travel.

Thanks

1. Take tax transcripts (account transcripts and filing transcripts) - even more so if you ever (last 5 years) got letter from IRS about a discrepancy in what you claimed and what they think.

2. History questions are asked from the booklet you got at the time of FP. They will randomly ask upto 10 questions, you need to get 6 correct.

3. Ask your interviewer at the end of the interview about difference in oath between name change and no name change, then make decision and see if he can change the option for you. There is nothing you can do at this time (before interview) regarding this.

4. Once you get Oath, apply for same day passport at a passport agency if you need it right away and have proof of travel.

Good luck.

You will be asked to read a simple English sentence and write a simple English sentence. Maybe you don't think you need to prepare.