Questions on I-130 App for parents

coolgc_for_gc

Registered Users (C)
Folks,
I am applying for GC for my parents with CP. Could someone more experienced please help me confirm that I need to send the following to start the process?

1) Form I-130 for each of them
2) My Naturalization cert copy (does it need to be notarized?)
3) My birth certificate copy (does it need to be notarized?)
4) My parents birth proofs (they don't have birth certificates, just Non-availability certificates and affidavits from relatives - should I send originals or just copies would suffice? Do the copies of anything need to be notarized in the US?)
5) Their marriage certificate copy (does it need to be notarized?)
6) Form G-1145 for each of them
7) Payment checks for each

Do I mail the applications go completely separately or together in one envelope?
Do I need to include either G-355A or I-864 with these applications?
Do I need to include my own marriage certificate copy?
What else am I missing?
THANK YOU!!

I submitted last year. Did not notarize.

• Check for $535
  • Copy of my naturalization certificate
  • My birth certificate
  • Copy of my passport’s first two pages
  • Her India passport copy
  • My mother’s birth affidavit
  • Her marriage certificate
  • G1145
Send both in separate mailings. Don't combine.

Thanks!! A couple more questions:
Their India passports contain an older address. Does anyone know if we can just use their current address on i-130 form while keeping the old address on the passport? Or, should they obtain new passports with their current address before applying? Apparently, it can take several months to get a replacement passport in India.
Also, I am having a hard time finding online all the steps that we should expect after i-130 approval, leading upto the interview at the consulate. Can anyone list those?

I would put new address, add comments on the last page. You can misc. comments there.. tell them you have new address. That should be fine.
Once 130 is approved you will get an email. After few weeks you will get another email listing out steps for consular processing.. affidavit of support and DS260. I would say relax till then, it is still 6-8 months away. For now, focus on 130

I would put new address, add comments on the last page. You can misc. comments there.. tell them you have new address. That should be fine.
Once 130 is approved you will get an email. After few weeks you will get another email listing out steps for consular processing.. affidavit of support and DS260. I would say relax till then, it is still 6-8 months away. For now, focus on 130
Thank you!

A few question:
- Does it make a difference if the Affidavits for Birth Statements were made out several years ago? We had got them made ~5 years ago but never applied for their GC.
- Also, one of the affidavits for my Dad is by his younger brother. Clearly, he was not present at his birth but confirms his birth date and place based on family knowledge. Would this work or should we seek another older relative to put an affidavit statement?
- Can we use their 10th class school certificate that show their dates of birth? I saw that I-130 instructions have this clause. Would that certificate fulfill this?
"B. School record: A letter from the authority (preferably the first school attended) showing the date of admission to
the school, the child’s date of birth or age at that time, place of birth, and names of the parents."

I don't think 5 years old birth affidavits might work. It needs to be recent. Birth affidavit should be from someone who is older to your dad. 10th school certificate will not work for proving birth record. You should go for non-availability certificate for birth & 2 affidavits from relatives who are older to your dad who can confirm his birth.

Question on Form I-130 where it says "If you are also submitting separate petitions for other relatives, provide the names of and your relationship to each relative" (Part 5, Relative 1, 7)
I am confused on how to mention the relationship. If that other petition is for my Father, would the "your relationship" indicate "Father" or should it say "Son"? By "Your Relationship", it seems to be asking Petitioner's Relationship to Beneficiary. What have you guys filled in that section?

Question on Form I-130 where it says "If you are also submitting separate petitions for other relatives, provide the names of and your relationship to each relative" (Part 5, Relative 1, 7)
I am confused on how to mention the relationship. If that other petition is for my Father, would the "your relationship" indicate "Father" or should it say "Son"? By "Your Relationship", it seems to be asking Petitioner's Relationship to Beneficiary. What have you guys filled in that section?
Yes, they messed up the wording. I think "father" would be fine.

Yes, they messed up the wording. I think "father" would be fine.
Thanks. In the same section, for the question "Have you ever filed a petition for any other beneficiary?"..what is the place of filing (State/City)? Is that the place where I sent the forms to at the time (e.g. Chicago Lockbox) or is that the place where I lived when I filed the form?