Questions on E-Filing EAD & AP. Please help

brne

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am in the process of applying (E-Filing) my EAD & AP myself for the first time. Last time (also the only time) around Jan 2005 both were applied along with my filing of I-485, by my lawyer. Both had a validity till Mar 2006, but since I wanted to stay in H1B for some more time I didnt use either of those. Now, I am planning to use my EAD & AP, for which I am trying to apply a new one. Being this my brief background I have few questions on E-filing my EAD & AP.

1) In the beginning of the EAD application there is a question on whether this application is for NEW / Renewal of old EAD. Even though I had my EAD between Mar 05 - Mar 06, and I never used it (now its been close to a year since the old one got expired and I didnt renew it, as I am working in H1 currently). This being the case I am not sure whether I should mention as applying for NEW/Renewing.

2) In my understand after reading the forums, when we apply for EAD, we dont have to send any documents unless specifically asked by USCIS, is my understanding right?.

3) While applying AP through E-Filing, where (to which processing center) should I need to send the supporting documents and paper photos to?

I really need this information sooner as I am already running late by not applying earlier. Your help will be highly appreciated and thanks for your help in advance.

brne said:
Hi,
1) In the beginning of the EAD application there is a question on whether this application is for NEW / Renewal of old EAD. Even though I had my EAD between Mar 05 - Mar 06, and I never used it (now its been close to a year since the old one got expired and I didnt renew it, as I am working in H1 currently). This being the case I am not sure whether I should mention as applying for NEW/Renewing.

2) In my understand after reading the forums, when we apply for EAD, we dont have to send any documents unless specifically asked by USCIS, is my understanding right?.

3) While applying AP through E-Filing, where (to which processing center) should I need to send the supporting documents and paper photos to?

I really need this information sooner as I am already running late by not applying earlier. Your help will be highly appreciated and thanks for your help in advance.

1. You are renewing the ead as far as I know
2. Application, 2photos, I485 receipt, $180check, color copy of license and previous ead is enough. This is what I sent and got approved.
3. I have not applied AP, so dont know.

If you efile, just send in your confirmation notice of your application, not your application.

Here are the things I sent
Application Confirmation notice (pdf that you will get after you make the payment during efile)
Front and back copies of your last EAD and drivers license,
Copies of your passport(s).
Copy of your I-140 approval notice
Receipt notice for you I-485 application.
A letter address to the Immigration officer stating what supporting documenation I am enclosing along with my new LIN number and the
expiration date of the current EAD.

I sent all the supporting documents right after efiling and not waiting for the biometrics to get done.

Goodluck

I have a question on EAD form. On question #9 say to put the SSN that I had used if any. Should I put the fake SSN that i used or should i leave that question on blank?? are they going to denay my form if I put the ssn?

and on question #15
I came as visitor and i overstay.Should I put that I overstay even if I already file under D.O.R.A pilot program in Dallas and I got my 70 days later????/

You are renewing your EAD as you have already had one.

For both the EAD and AP when you efile you will get a confirmation notice as the least step. This will detail what documents need to be sent and where you need to send them. Follow the instructions carefully and you will be fine.

Hi,
Thanks all for the replies, that was very helpful. While e-filling EAD application, at the end it is asking for either A# or I-94, I am currently in H1B and I have a valid I-94.
1) Should I need to mention A# or my lastest I-94 which is better?. Also after completing the application, will it mention, to which address I need to send the supporting documents to for both EAD & AP?
2) After reading the forums now I have a good idea on what to send as supporting documents For EAD, but for AP what are all the supporting documents needed? my concern is I dont want to have any surprises after me e-filing my AP and it asks me to send a list of supporting document which I didnt expected to have at this moment.

Thanks in advance.

I don't remember the exact documents but I know there was anything particularly unexpected on the list. I would just file and get the process moving. You have several weeks after submission to get the documents to them anyway.

It will tell you the submission address when you file

Do we expect Finger print notice when e-filed for Advance Parole. Do we need to send 2 photographs as supporting documents when e-filed.

I dont think one need to do finger-printing for AP, it is only while applying for EAD. But you need to send proper 2 paper photos (as per the specifications mentioned in the AP application if not, they would ask you to recent new photos again) along with other supporting documents. People in the forum can help us in providing the address information, as I too not sure about the mailing address for E-filing.

The mailing address for supporting documentation will depend on each individual application. It will tell you where to mail everything after you submit the e-file

clarification concerning ead e-filing

Hi gurus and experts and anyone who has done this before,

I have a doubt concerning an item in the e-file form for EAD.

There is an item which states
for (C) (9) eligibility status only

'Please provide information concerning your eligibility status'

I am not clear what information to give. ..Any advice?

Thanks in advance
ni12

Supporting documents for e-filed EAD

ni12 said:
Hi gurus and experts and anyone who has done this before,

I have a doubt concerning an item in the e-file form for EAD.

There is an item which states
for (C) (9) eligibility status only

'Please provide information concerning your eligibility status'

I am not clear what information to give. ..Any advice?

Thanks in advance
ni12

Employment-Based Adjustment Applicant--(c)(9)
File your EAD application with a copy of the receipt notice or other evidence that your Form I-485, application forpermanent residence, is pending.

This is what I did last week when I sent my supporting documents. Also did it for my wife and son, they already got their cards.

E-Filing EAD

While filling the I-765 form on-line, there is "current status" question with about 128 possible values in drop down. which one do you guys think appropriate to my situation.

Currently i am on EAD and my 9th year H1 got expired in 09/2006. I have left us in 06/2003 and re-entered on H1.

My question is : From below values which one is appropriate (these are subset of 128 values)

Current Immigration Status:
(Visitor, Student, etc.)
Select a Status

EAO: EMPLOYMENT ADVISORY OPTION
EWI: ENTRY WITHOUT INSPECTION

H1: ALIEN OF DIST MERIT & ABILITY
H1B: SPECIALITY OCCUPATION
H1C: Nurse Relief
H2: TEMPORARY LABOR CERTIFICATION
H2A: TEMPORARY AGRICULTURAL WORKER
H2B: TEMPORARY NON-AG WORKER

IMM: IMMIGRANT
IN: INDEFINITE PAROLE

K1: ALIEN FIANCE(E) OF USC
K2: CHILD OF K1
K3: SPOUSE OF USC
K4: CHILD OF USC

O1: ALIEN W/EXTRAORDINARY ABILITY
O1A: EXTRAORDINARY ALIEN - NON-ARTS
O1B: EXTRAORDINARY ALIEN IN ARTS
O2: ACCOMPANYING ALIEN TO O1
O3: SPOUSE/CHILD OF O-1, O-2
OP: PAROLEE (OVERSEAS AUTHORIZED)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
Filed my EAD & AP online. After submitting my applications (filed I-765 & I-131 concurrently), I was told to submit the documents to VSC, but for both the applications it has mentioned as 'Attn: E-Filed I-765', what puzzles me is why even for I-131, I am told to send the documents with 'Attn: E-Filed I-765', shouldnt that be 'Attn: E-Filed I-131', Please advice. This is holding me on not submitting my documents. Thanks in Advance.

Don't know for certain. If you filed concurrently maybe they just prefer the documents to stay in one place. I would follow the instructions on the confirmation letters in your position.

I filed mine & wife's I-485 on Aug 16 07. Filed our I-131 & I-765 on 12/12/07 electronically myself.

My questions are:

A. Should I wait for biometrics appoinment or should I call them and fix appointment.

B. Should I wait for some days before I can mail them the supporting documents.

Please advise. Thanks

Do we expect Finger print notice when e-filed for Advance Parole. Do we need to send 2 photographs as supporting documents when e-filed.

I usually efiled my AP with my EAD together, You don't need to send any photo, they will schedule the appointment for your biomertic at the nearest ASC.

I filed mine & wife's I-485 on Aug 16 07. Filed our I-131 & I-765 on 12/12/07 electronically myself.

My questions are:

A. Should I wait for biometrics appoinment or should I call them and fix appointment.

-----> You should wait, they don't let you make appt. they give you time and date to show up.

B. Should I wait for some days before I can mail them the supporting documents.

--------> No. mail them ASAP.

Please advise. Thanks

---