Questions on DS-156 E-form version - Urgent

CT123

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am trying to fill in the DS-156 in e-form version
(URL: https://evisaforms.state.gov/ds156.asp?lang=1) to re-validate my visa at DOS. This e-form is supposed to generate a barcode for faster processing.

Have the following questions on it:

Q-22. When do you intend to arrive in the U.S.?

I am already in the U.S. now. What should I enter here. In the PDF version of this form we could enter any free form text but the e-form has a date specific field.

Q-29. Have you ever been in the U.S.?

The WHEN? provides for only one date field to enter. Which date should I enter here: my first arrival date or the last arrival date.
(my earlier practice was to enter all my entry dates and match it up with all exit dates in the FOR HOW LONG? part).

Q-30. Have you ever been issued a U.S. Visa?

Question similar to Q-29. Should I enter: The very first visa issuance date or the latest visa issuance date.
(my earlier practice was to enter all visa issue dates and provide related info in the other parts of this question).

The DOS website mentions (in bold) that none of the fields should be left un-answered. So, don't want to leave them empty.

Also, can I leave a field empty and then write down an appropriate response in it after printing it.

Thanks.

hi
follow this link

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108902

I am trying to fill in the DS-156 in e-form version
(URL: https://evisaforms.state.gov/ds156.asp?lang=1) to re-validate my visa at DOS. This e-form is supposed to generate a barcode for faster processing.

Have the following questions on it:

Q-22. When do you intend to arrive in the U.S.?

I am already in the U.S. now. What should I enter here. In the PDF version of this form we could enter any free form text but the e-form has a date specific field.

Q-29. Have you ever been in the U.S.?

The WHEN? provides for only one date field to enter. Which date should I enter here: my first arrival date or the last arrival date.
(my earlier practice was to enter all my entry dates and match it up with all exit dates in the FOR HOW LONG? part).

Q-30. Have you ever been issued a U.S. Visa?

Question similar to Q-29. Should I enter: The very first visa issuance date or the latest visa issuance date.
(my earlier practice was to enter all visa issue dates and provide related info in the other parts of this question).

The DOS website mentions (in bold) that none of the fields should be left un-answered. So, don't want to leave them empty.

Also, can I leave a field empty and then write down an appropriate response in it after printing it.

Thanks. [/B][/QUOTE]

URGENT !!!

Hi Guys,

As you guys would be aware of that U.S. Department of State (DOS) now require all visa applicants to use a new DS-156 form that generates a bar code. They will no longer accept older, non-bar coded versions.

http://www.murthy.com/UDnds156.html

My question is, After my passport got expired in April 2001. I have applied for a new passport and got it from Washington D.C. Now, The Eform wants us to enter place of passport issue City, Country, State/Province. I enter, Washington D.C, United States of America, Washington D.C.

But, When the Form submits and returns a PDF file, the country is blank. Instead of United State of America, If I enter any country name, it is appearing.

I wonder what is the issue ?. OR should I just write it with on the PDF ?. Already My H1-B approval took more than 6 months and I don't want to delay revalidation any more.

PLEASE ADVISE....

Thanks in Advance,
Hudakchullu.

Re: URGENT !!!

Even though you got it from usa .. Logically it is issued by india .. So try with india
Originally posted by hudakchullu
Hi Guys,

As you guys would be aware of that U.S. Department of State (DOS) now require all visa applicants to use a new DS-156 form that generates a bar code. They will no longer accept older, non-bar coded versions.

http://www.murthy.com/UDnds156.html

My question is, After my passport got expired in April 2001. I have applied for a new passport and got it from Washington D.C. Now, The Eform wants us to enter place of passport issue City, Country, State/Province. I enter, Washington D.C, United States of America, Washington D.C.

But, When the Form submits and returns a PDF file, the country is blank. Instead of United State of America, If I enter any country name, it is appearing.

I wonder what is the issue ?. OR should I just write it with on the PDF ?. Already My H1-B approval took more than 6 months and I don't want to delay revalidation any more.

PLEASE ADVISE....

Thanks in Advance,
Hudakchullu.

Re: Re: URGENT !!!

Thanks for your response. I am a little confuse here, The form says

Place of issuance:
City :
State :

I don't know what should I do ?. Do you guys have any phone number which i can contact and ask questions about Eform ?.

Thanks.

Originally posted by kishuibm
Even though you got it from usa .. Logically it is issued by india .. So try with india

Re: Re: Re: URGENT !!!

[
OK i just tried and able to generate the barcode .EVen i got the passport from sanfransisco
City:Sanfransisco
state : California

So whats the problem you are getting???

QUOTE]Originally posted by hudakchullu

Place of issuance:
City :
State :

I don't know what should I do ?. Do you guys have any phone number which i can contact and ask questions about Eform ?.

Thanks.
[/QUOTE]

Re: Re: Re: Re: URGENT !!!

Thanks for your respond again. I tried testing the eform with your information, but when i submit the form the PDF the country comes blank, rest all the information appears including the barcode.

Yesterday, I tried calling Department of State and Immigration but no one was able to answere me. I don't know whether it is a bug in the eform or It is understood if we enter sanfransisco, California or Washington D.C, Washington D.C. that it is in USA.

Thanks again for you time....

Hudakchullu.

Originally posted by kishuibm
[
OK i just tried and able to generate the barcode .EVen i got the passport from sanfransisco
City:Sanfransisco
state : California

So whats the problem you are getting???

QUOTE]Originally posted by hudakchullu

Place of issuance:
City :
State :

Thanks.
[/QUOTE]

Logically speaking you would type in the below.

Place of issuance:
City : Washington
Country of Issuance: India
State : Washington, DC

Try with this...

EMERGENCY !!!

Thanks for your response.

If you have a minute, then please click this link

https://evisaforms.state.gov/ds156.asp?lang=1

1. Passport No.

2. Place of Issuance

City
Country
State/Province

3. Issuing Country

May be I am confused... Please let me know what should I enter in Issuing Country ?.

Thanks,
Niyaz.

Originally posted by sselva69
Logically speaking you would type in the below.

Place of issuance:
City : Washington
Country of Issuance: India
State : Washington, DC

Try with this...

I tried to enter a dummy passport# and City as Washington, Country, I selected India, State/Province I entered Washington DC and I was able to see pdf version of DS 156 with a Barcode generated. Are you not able to get up to this?

Same problem

hudakchullu
I iam having same problem as yours then i called the my company lawyer they told write my pen as USA in box of country. And also N/A for when you will visit USA. As that block will only allow you write some date.

Any how iam also confused weather iam doing wrong by writting with pen. Electronic form is frustation....

Thanks

If you able to fix that please let me know here.

Re: hudakchullu

No. Not Yet. I tried to call Department of States and they kept me on hold forever. Like you, I have the no choice but to write on my form.

Could you too call the 202-663-1225 or 202647-4000. Let me know....

Originally posted by chen78
hudakchullu

Is the issue fixed. Pl reply.

I talked

I talked to US Department Washington. They said that is glitch in program. And they are fixing, you can write by hand now.

Thanks

Re: I talked

Many Thanks chen78 !!!. I will take a print out and send it today itself.

Hudakchullu

Originally posted by chen78
I talked to US Department Washington. They said that is glitch in program. And they are fixing, you can write by hand now.

Thanks