questions on documents for PR !!

puhrince

Registered Users (C)
1) From the list of documents needed (appendix a checklist), it asks for notarized employment contracts from present and past employers for applicant and spouse..its going to be tough for my wife to get this from her previous employer...will this cause a problem for application completion?
The same question goes for another document requested - Original letters of reference from past employer.

2) Original transcripts - my university back home dosen't send it in sealed envelopes - in fact I used them to apply for schools here and in Canada, and it worked..will this hamper the application?

3) this might be trivial but when they say birth and marriage certificates, university degrees, are copies enough?

puhrince said:
1) From the list of documents needed (appendix a checklist), it asks for notarized employment contracts from present and past employers for applicant and spouse..its going to be tough for my wife to get this from her previous employer...will this cause a problem for application completion?
The same question goes for another document requested - Original letters of reference from past employer.

----- copies of letters are fine, though you should be ready to provide updated address/phone contact if they decide to contact the employer(s). If you are required to go for an interview, then the originals of the same should be sufficient (at least they were for me).

2) Original transcripts - my university back home dosen't send it in sealed envelopes - in fact I used them to apply for schools here and in Canada, and it worked..will this hamper the application?

----- You can try the same approach, more than likely you should not face any problems.

3) this might be trivial but when they say birth and marriage certificates, university degrees, are copies enough?

----- for the purposes of initial application copies are enough, however, if interview is requested, then they will ask for originals at that time.

FAA, thanks for your response..but regarding my first question, it wasn't that I was asking about originals or copies..rather I meant it won't be possible to get the documents in the first place..so how to go about it?

FAA said:
puhrince said:

----- copies of letters are fine, though you should be ready to provide updated address/phone contact if they decide to contact the employer(s). If you are required to go for an interview, then the originals of the same should be sufficient (at least they were for me).

I remember reading on this forum that people have used their W2s as proof of employment, in an event when their previous employment records were not available.

well that dosen't apply to my wife as her previous employer wasn't in US ! so now what?

by the way, unrelated to this topic, i have heard that people used to send in their applications first and then send in the supporting documents, but now they accept the application only if all the documents are along..is that true?

Also, I also have an admit to the MBA program in Univ of Toronto for Fall of this year - am hoping to qualify for domestic fees rather than international student fees..but then I need my PR to be approved by Nov to be able to qualify for that(according to the univ)..would an admission letter help expedite the PR process in anyway? I am applying as in the skilled worker category though.

FAA said:
I remember reading on this forum that people have used their W2s as proof of employment, in an event when their previous employment records were not available.