Questions for Gurus and Senior members. Please advice!!

chidda2000

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

(1) Any idea how soon to expect plastic card after stamping?

(2) Can I travel with the satmping and will I face any problems while entering?

(3) What about SSN#? Do I have to get a new one?

Gurus and senior members please advice.

:confused:

It takes 1-3 months for the online status/AVM to get changed from "Approved" to "Ordered a new card"....Once this is done you get your card with 2 weeks.

You are not needed to change your SS card hbut if you don't like "Work with INS Authorization" in the card you can get it changed.However sometimes the SSA database is not updated immediately and sometimes they do not understand the stamping thing so I would suggest wait for the card arrival and then go for it.

You can travel anywhere with the stamping and you are free to come in to USA within 6 months of your departure without any visa/permission by showing the stamping.

>>(1) Any idea how soon to expect plastic card after stamping?
around 2 months after stamping

>>(2) Can I travel with the satmping and will I face any problems while entering?
yes sure u can, but u will be subject for secondary inspection at POE, so carry all ur reciept and approval notices

>>(3) What about SSN#? Do I have to get a new one?
yes u need to go personally at Social administration office to change the status and the new card will be mailed at ur address.

my son got approved on 27 march and his card is order on 3 april but not recived it allready two weeks know whate should i do waite for some time or call ins