Questions at the back of the oath letter...

Sid1234

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My oath ceremony is coming up and the oath letter has some questions at the back. One of them asks if I left the country between the time of my interview and the oath. Yes I did, for 3 weeks (It was December, I went on holiday :)).. So once I tick yes in that question, what will happen? What will they ask me? Because I heard that there are hundreds of people who will go to the oath (I live in LA).. so I can't imagine that someone will look through my records and check if I violated the physical presence requirement (I didn't). Just wondering what will happen when I answer yes.

I believe nothing happens. For the oath just take your current passport with the stamps on it showing proof of your trip and it's duration.

same case for my wife too ..we left for overseas trip after interview ...oath after we came back. They just asked her to write the dates of travel near that row - and took her GC and completed the oath. No one bothered about checking the passport - this is in VA. Dont know if thats the norm or not.

Hi,
My oath ceremony is coming up and the oath letter has some questions at the back. One of them asks if I left the country between the time of my interview and the oath. Yes I did, for 3 weeks (It was December, I went on holiday :)).. So once I tick yes in that question, what will happen? What will they ask me? Because I heard that there are hundreds of people who will go to the oath (I live in LA).. so I can't imagine that someone will look through my records and check if I violated the physical presence requirement (I didn't). Just wondering what will happen when I answer yes.

Wht happens is that if anything that raises questions(like marriage or divorce) will be double checked. If you traveled and if its for 3 weeks..you are ok! So dont worry and make sure to answr truthfully.