Questions abt Intermin EAD & AP

gcinfeb02

Registered Users (C)
I live in Edison, NJ and

1. Where can I apply my Intermin EAD Cherry Hill or Newark ?
2. Are they issuing the AP (I have applied for my renewal in November and no approval yet)?
3. What documents do we need for both EAD & AP at local office
4. I have a 9 month OLD kid and can we take him in ( Both my wife and me are going for this)
5. Are they open on Wednesday?
6. Where can I find the Address of Local Office

A: No idea. NJ folks might be able to help.

2. Are they issuing the AP (I have applied for my renewal in November and no approval yet)?
A: District offices are reluctant to issue APs unless it's an emergency.

A: Carry as many relevant documents as possible. These days they've started becoming very vicious. Carry your receipt notices (I-765, I-131, I-485), approval notices (I-140, Labor), passports, driver's license, SS card, a checkbook (just in case), etc.

4. I have a 9 month OLD kid and can we take him in ( Both my wife and me are going for this)
A: I had a similar question. Folks say it's OK.

A: No idea, check district office web site.

A: Go to www.uscis.gov and search for district offices in NJ.

I live in Edison, NJ and

Newark. I went there on 2Mar04. On Q at 7:00am, all done at 1:45pm

- Not sure -

- For EAD
EAD receit, Passport (I94), filled I765, I485 receipt & I140 Approval.
(I did not have EAD receipt, it got lost in the mail. I used cancelled/cashed BCIS check, check has receipt no on the back)

- It is a long long terrible wait.
- 1. you wait on the queue outside the building, till they let you in
- 2. Second floor, where they get your receipt (wait here as well)and direct you to 13 floor, you will be given additional papers.
- 3. 13 floor, you submit the papers & you wait forever, till they call you, it is like an interview basically verifying your details. Like checking I94, name, receipts and 140 approvals. They will ask you to go to photo waiting room if every thing is fine.
- 4 13floor photo room, again wait, they call you to take pictures and wait to get the EAD.

I would not take my 9month OLD, but if you do not have a choice the there is nothing you can do. Sorry. I am out at 1:45pm. I suggest you fill you stomach or keep something to munch while you were waiting on 13floor.

- I think, wednesday is not open for all, only stamping

www.uscis.gov