• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Questions about the Affidavit of Support

josh000

Registered Users (C)
I've managed to get a sponsor, which makes me a lot more confident and is a huge load of my chest!

So, just some questions.

It seems there are a few different forms for the affidavit of support. Is it correct that the one for DV category applications is form I-134?

How recent does it have to be signed? I mean if I get it in early May will it be fine for my interview in early June, or should I get it as close to my interview date as possible?

On the form itself it doesn't give too many instructions...what does the sponsor have to provide in addition to the form? Does anything require notarization?

I've managed to get a sponsor, which makes me a lot more confident and is a huge load of my chest!

So, just some questions.

It seems there are a few different forms for the affidavit of support. Is it correct that the one for DV category applications is form I-134?

How recent does it have to be signed? I mean if I get it in early May will it be fine for my interview in early June, or should I get it as close to my interview date as possible?

On the form itself it doesn't give too many instructions...what does the sponsor have to provide in addition to the form? Does anything require notarization?

See here for a great guide

And an example here

I believe it is no longer required to be notarised.

Generally whoever fills out the form is required to furnish proof that the information is true to overcome the public charge burden. In most cases this would be something along the lines of a copy of the Sponsor's most recent Tax returns (form 1040 according to the Embassy in Moscow) plus his/her W-2s with a copy of a bank statement, letter from current employer verifying position, title and current salary. That sort of thing.