Questions about processing dates

lakelady

Registered Users (C)
HI everyone

Should I say you guys are extremely helpful? I really enjoy reading this forum. Anyways, here are my questions:
Like everyone else here, I sent my package to the Chicago lockbox and all the mail I get is sent by the NBC. But when I look at processing dates for the I-485, should I look at my local office's (Cincinnati) or the NBC? In fact the NBC doesn't list processing dates for I-485 :confused:
My I-765 was filed online and the RD is 01/17/2006, the processing date now shows 01/19/2006 and my last LUD for the I-765 was when I did the FP. Is it a sign that it's delayed?
The 1-800 number is great! I asked them the same question about the I-765 and they say they have the same update as I have online :mad: and that I can only do something about it once it's past 90 days.
thanks!

For the I-485, you should look at the timeline of your local office.
for EAD/AP, you should look at NBC.

Online updates are not reliable, so dont sweat on it too much if you dont see a LUD.

lakelady said:
HI everyone

Should I say you guys are extremely helpful? I really enjoy reading this forum. Anyways, here are my questions:
Like everyone else here, I sent my package to the Chicago lockbox and all the mail I get is sent by the NBC. But when I look at processing dates for the I-485, should I look at my local office's (Cincinnati) or the NBC? In fact the NBC doesn't list processing dates for I-485 :confused:

NBC shows the processing dates for I-765 and I-131 .
For I-485 you should ckeck your local DO.

My I-765 was filed online and the RD is 01/17/2006, the processing date now shows 01/19/2006 and my last LUD for the I-765 was when I did the FP. Is it a sign that it's delayed?

Your LUD changes when your file was touched, right.
Not all those dates are accurately, but in 90 days you should get your EAD.

Yes, means they did something with it. Sometimes, I guess most of the times, when the LUD changes, the text remains the same.
Well, I am not sure how it works but if within 90 days I don't get my EAD, I can schedule an appointment with my DO and they will give me an iEAD. But I've been looking at the timelines here and most people get the EAD before the 90 days. Well, I know that these things unfortunately take a while, I am so tired of being at home and I already got job offers :( I have to keep saying that I am waiting for the EAD....
You all know how frustrating those few months can be!

Thanks a lot, ari4u, I've been doing searches on this forum for an answer to that question :) thanks for the really quick response!

ari4u said:
For the I-485, you should look at the timeline of your local office.
for EAD/AP, you should look at NBC.

Online updates are not reliable, so dont sweat on it too much if you dont see a LUD.

What is LUD?

What is LUD? I filed my EAD online too but I haven't heard anything yet. I made an appointment for my fingerprints and did it right away (one day after my application was received).

Last edited by a moderator:
LUD is the last update date. You would know it if you open up a portfolio with USCIS. You can do that on the USCIS web site where you check the status of your case. You need to add your cases after creating the portfolio.
Hope it helps.

Flyer729 said:
What is LUD? I filed my EAD online too but I haven't heard anything yet. I made an appointment for my fingerprints and did it right away (one day after my application was received).

Do you have any experience with online filing? I filed my EAD online and didn't have to wait for a FP appointment. Is that the case or I wasn't suppose to do that? It says on the online receipt that I have to call for a FP appointment, but on the paper receipt says that I should wait for a FP appointment. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Same thing happened to me. But by the time I got the letter in the mail, I had already scheduled my appointment...like I said, I don' know the status for my EAD, my RD is 01/17/06 and I am waiting....When did you file your I-765?

Flyer729 said:
Do you have any experience with online filing? I filed my EAD online and didn't have to wait for a FP appointment. Is that the case or I wasn't suppose to do that? It says on the online receipt that I have to call for a FP appointment, but on the paper receipt says that I should wait for a FP appointment. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Well, I assume that your I-765 is pending at the NBC, like mine. So we are on the same boat, last time my LUD changed was the day after I did my FP. Just one thing is that I could only go FP about a week after I applied online. The processing date right now is 01/19/06, that is 2 days after my RD, I can't wait!!!
Flyer729 said:
My receipt date says 01/30/06. Did your status or LUD change online when you got your FP taken?

Baltimore DO

I am following this thread. My local DO is baltimore and the processing dates for I-485 is showing Dec 20th 2004. I wonder that this means my application is going take more than 15 months..
Can anyone through some info on this.
Thank you

I know how you are feeling, I am supposed to start a new job by the end of march and I am waiting for my renewal. It was so much faster last year. I was able to schedule my FP appointment on 02/02/06, two days after my RD. I am going to talk to an INS officer at my DO here in florida since I am moving to kansas in two weeks I want to know how that is going to affect my EAD.

HI ilford
I called the 1-800 to ask the same question and they said to me that I'd probably have my GC in about 6 months, and my DO (Cincinnati) shows processing date for I-485 in 09/05. But I've been looking at processing dates from other cities and what I noticed is that it's usually faster in smaller areas, or areas with less immigrants. I checked Miami and it says May 2003!!! I am not as familiar with the whole process as other people in this forum are, but I guess you'll have to wait that long :(

flyer729, Good luck with your new job and the EAD, hope it comes FAST!!! I'll post here when I get mine, hopefully soon!