questions about passport stamp

waiting2long

Registered Users (C)
If I have got a straight approval, what should i bring when I go to local for PS?
BTW, there is another thing i need confirmation. Can i go to Canada with no need of visa for Canada after I got US I-551 passport stamped, or I have to wait until the plastic card?
Thanks a lot for your input.

waiting2long said:
If I have got a straight approval, what should i bring when I go to local for PS?
BTW, there is another thing i need confirmation. Can i go to Canada with no need of visa for Canada after I got US I-551 passport stamped, or I have to wait until the plastic card?
Thanks a lot for your input.

First thing is take INFOPASS appointment . Philly INS are not allowing anyonewithout infopass appointment. It is better to take an appointment, you can complete your work in 15 minutes.

Now coming to what documents are requd

1) approval letter
2) i-94
3) ead ,ap's
4) 2 Passport , side face pic's are NO LONGER VALID
5) 485 receipt , in case if they ask you.

good luck

Thanks, canus_immi
BTW, which document do I need to provide a copy? Do they collect approval letter and 485 receipt for original or copy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Under the list of documents required...
Number 6) Passport. :D (dont forget that..just kidding..)

Now, reg: Infopass....Infopass can be obtained only in district offices. You can do walk-ins if you are closer to any sub offices. For eg: even though i fall under Boston district office (where Infopass is a must) i went to Manchester, NH for a walkin. Got the stamp in an hour.